Sign in to follow this  
jesse

The retconning of 'Songs' grieving thread

tumblr_mbt4mzDo9a1rtqm81o1_1280.jpg

did anyone else notice the missing album in the music section of the new website? :(

I can't say I'm surprised, as I know Regina has said she's embarassed of this CD and that it's basically just live recordings, but it really is my favorite. :'(

This seems like a little bit of an overreaction, I feel like it was probably an accident. That said, if it was left out intentionally, I'd be pretty sad. It's my absolute favorite album as well...

This seems like a little bit of an overreaction, I feel like it was probably an accident. That said, if it was left out intentionally, I'd be pretty sad. It's my absolute favorite album as well...

it was mostly a joke :x i am still a little curious though about how newer fans feel about it versus older, though, as it's hard for me to be unbiased.

it was mostly a joke :x i am still a little curious though about how newer fans feel about it versus older, though, as it's hard for me to be unbiased.

I'm not sure I'd consider myself a new fan, lol, but when I first started listening to Regina, it was Begin To Hope that I latched on to. It wasn't until a few months after seeing her for the first time that I got to listen to Songs in almost its entirety. I've loved it ever since.

She was selling that cd at her shows back when I saw her in April and May. So maybe it was a mistake? I don't think she would have it for sale if she disliked it THAT much. I think it's so funny how there is a "buy from a local store" button for 11:11 ;)

I definitely understand that. for me, it's a fantastic work just as 11:11 is. i myself am a post-Far fan, but i much prefer the Regina of Soviet Kitsch and before. as much as i have grown used to the original versions, i would still be curious 2 see some more of them re+recorded for future recordings