Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Eloise

New music we should all hear

hey ...im listening to CocoRosie right now...and im on my way to those other two artists as well.......great stuff.....i mean i freaking LOOOooove it........i hadnt been to crazy about any of the other recomendations on the message board (no offense to anyones taste)...............but this is awsome

Hello! Do many of you know Lhasa De Sela? French/Mexican/English torch songs. Her first album - 'La Llorona' - is Chavela Vargastastic, and the recent effort, 'The Living Road', is equally as swoonsome. She's lush!

Ps: I used to be Toots, but now I'm even tootsier!

quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Eloise:

So these are new artist that a great, see for your self...

I like Lhasa (she used to live here in LA a long time ago), Feist and Joanna. Some of my favorites that might be new to some people are Inara George, Mia Doi Todd, Carla Werner, Patrick Park, Sylvie Lewis, Angela Correa, Jaymay, Alexi Murdoch, Gregory Page, and Matt Curreri. Let me know if you've heard of any of them.

yeah , I've heard of Alexi Murdoch and Patrick Park but i don't like it, they're on the OC soundtrack aren't they? arg..I hate that tv show.

I kinda like Mia Doi Todd though, weirdly she remind me of Bjork.

I'd like to hear this Lasha girl, she seems pretty interesting...

quote:
Originally posted by stwongbad85:

i hadnt been to crazy about any of the other recomendations on the message board (no offense to anyones taste)...............but this is awsome

thank you very much I take that as a compliment. If you like those artists you may also like these :- Air (but I'm quite sure you've heard about it already). It's an electronic band from Versaille in France, and their music is really pretty, they made an album for Sofia Coppola's movie "Virgin Suicides"

-Saturaday Looks Good to Me : imagine the Shangri-Las meeting The Supremes, it's charming really.

-Cat Power : (you must have heard about her too).Wonderfull soft voice girl playing blues guitar

yeah i really like air.....theyre an awsome group ......i did not know they are from Versaille though.....and as for cat power........my friend is obseesed with her....i like her but just havnt gotten around to listening to a whole album. .......i dunno if u have heard of a group called "Piano Magic"......i could go on naming bands....but we have all probly heard of them somewhere...so i'll leave u with this one

It's not new, or even obscure (!), but everyone should dig out their copy (for those who have it) of lambchop's 'Is a Woman', and curl up in its lap, like a purring cat (or, more aptly, a smoochy pooch). For those who don't have it: beg, buy, borrow, or steal a copy. It is absolutely ravishing!

Sorry to break the remit of the thread, but I hadn't listened to it for over a year (what was I doing?!), until last week, when I suddenly remembered how much I love it. It's great when you rediscover an album in your collection, like that. It's love, the second time around! Glasgae Lambchop, I've been a fool! Forgive me!

I'll stop wittering, now. Bye, bye.

Ps: Ms Eloise, I don't have the means to make Lhasa appear, downloady-wise and such like, unfortunately, but I hope you track her down - and enjoy!