Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Eloise

New music we should all hear

And Regina Spektor opening for Morrissey would be a dream concert.

But perhaps she's getting to big to be an opener anymore.

--That would be a dream concert. Morrisey is the BEST. Modestly followed by Regina herself.

For my sake I hope she is getting too big to be an opening act. She hasn't come near touching the South, where I reside. Which is dissapointing because apparently she is quite lovely in concert.

--I beg of you Regina come to or close to Alabama, but if you don't I don't blame you. Hell if I didn't have to live here I would stay far away too.

-Livize.

the Newsom's had terrible trouble with her fingers throughout the current tour - the tips are being held together with special glue type stuff and sound incredibly painful!

Right now I am listening to Devendra Banhart, Iron & Wine, Analog Set, Jonathan Rice.

Miss Spektor too big to be an opener? hmm..not convinced!

OH and...."Cerys Matthews. The Folk singer from Wales."??? I always think more "Cerys Matthews. The singer from Catatonia". I heard on 6music recently she's working on a new folk direction - I had no idea she's already been releasing stuff!

Davecombrio,

You are right......."Cerys Matthews. The Folk singer from Wales."??? I always think more "Cerys Matthews. The singer from Catatonia".

She is the folk singer from Catatonia.

And I am almost positive she has released the album "Cockahoop."

About Joanna Newsom, That does sound painful. I suppose she realizes how beautiful her music sounds with the harp and the blisters and such don't phase her.

-Livize.

Christina Branco is amazing. She's not new by the way, but she's worth checking out; she's a Portuguese singer with the most beautiful voice...

Oh yeah, Damien Rice is great too. Again; not new, but great none-the-less. I only just heard him the other week when some guy played her in one of my music classes.

I love discovering new musicians. Smiler

you all have wonderful taste in music.

i will second: cocorosie (amazing live, by the way), the arcade fire, jeff buckley, iron and wine, and cat power...chan's voice is like honey.

simply beautiful music, all of it.

quote:
Originally posted by LoafingOaf:

And Regina Spektor opening for Morrissey would be a dream concert.

But perhaps she's getting to big to be an opener anymore.

That would be fantastic. I love Morrissey.

I am a big fan of Keane as well and am glad to learn that she is touring with them this summer.

Look at all the Morrissey fans we've got here! Coolio Big Grin

The world is full of crashing bores, but Regina is not one!

I still haven't heard Keane's album but I'll get it any day now and see what the fuss is about.