Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Eloise

New music we should all hear

quote:
Originally posted by lin_zeee:

you all have wonderful taste in music.

i will second: cocorosie (amazing live, by the way), the arcade fire, jeff buckley, iron and wine, and cat power...chan's voice is like honey.

simply beautiful music, all of it.

Ohhh! A Buckley fan. They're not that rare I suppose, but I love his music. God, he's one amazing musician and his range is so brilliant. You have wonderful taste in music yourself.

Hello!

Its good to hear mia doi todd's name mentioned... you dont by any chance have a copy of her first album, the ewe and the eye? if so, im willing to pay whatever you want for a CDR copy - also, is there any way to get a copy of 11:11 that you know of?

If you like this sort of music, you might want to try sheila nicholls' first album brief strop, i think its amazing, just steer clear of the second album - someone let her loose in a shiny studio and she pressed all the buttons at once.

Kathryn williams first album dog leap stairs is also very good indeed, laura veirs albums carbon glacier, and the triumphs and travails of orphan mae are revelationary...

shine on!

quote:
Originally posted by semilit:

quote:
Originally posted by Ms.Eloise:

So these are new artist that a great, see for your self...

I like Lhasa (she used to live here in LA a long time ago), Feist and Joanna. Some of my favorites that might be new to some people are Inara George, Mia Doi Todd, Carla Werner, Patrick Park, Sylvie Lewis, Angela Correa, Jaymay, Alexi Murdoch, Gregory Page, and Matt Curreri. Let me know if you've heard of any of them.

1. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Abattoir Blues/Lyre of Orpheus

and

2. Tom Waits - Real Gone

this is the shit....the other kind of shit as they say in new orleans...get these two albums and be amazed...and I know that anyone who listens to Regina's music likes being amazed... Wink

quote:
Originally posted by lin_zeee:

you all have wonderful taste in music.

i will second: cocorosie (amazing live, by the way), the arcade fire, jeff buckley, iron and wine, and cat power...chan's voice is like honey.

simply beautiful music, all of it.

-----------

I'm seeing Arcade Fire next week - a "Regina and Regine" collaboration would be a beautiful thing.

And having seen Ms Spektor in Paris last week as part of the very cool 'Les femmes 's'en melent' festival, I reckon a bill of Regina / The Rogers Sisters / M.I.A. would blow the roof off.

Polly Palusma - album - scissors in my pocket

Piano Magic

belle and sebastian

Edith Piaf (old French singer....listed as one of Regina's influences...so i chekced her out...good stuff)

Belle and Sebastian ROCK! I heart "Boy With The Arab Strap" and "If you're feeling Sinister." Both Awesome albums. Me and The Major is my favorite song by them!

-Livize.

THE DRESDEN DOLLS "RAWK MI SAWKS AUF!" Hey, I think that you were the guys that posted on the Dresden Doll site when I was raving about how much I need a ticket to see the Atlanta show. It's nice to have you as a new member.

-Livize.