Sign in to follow this  
Ms.Eloise

New music we should all hear

I know the topic is supposed to be new music but there is soo much great music from the past that we have available to us. Without this music we would not have the newer music we have today.

I went to see The National Philharmonic of Russia along with Django yesterday and it was amazing! They are doing a North American tour right now so if anyone has the chance to do the same please do. They played pieces from Tchaikovski and Rachmaninoff so beautifully. I was so happy to see Russian musician doing this because the audience was of many races but you could feel the part of our culture that is expressed through music and I could see it on all the faces in the audience. They played with Olga Stern also who is a very talented pianist. If you have the chance to go to one of the concerts do not miss it you will be very happy you went.

She's not exactly new but check out Brandi Carlile. you can find her here and here.

The first link to her myspace page has full versions of her songs.

The second link to her website has partial versions of her songs but tons of other info.

Her stuff grows on you. I wasn't too impressed the first time I heard her. But now I'm really starting to enjoy her a lot!

T Bone Burnett produced the latest album. Cool

Well I've been a member here for quite some time, and maybe it's time I showed you the competition I'm in.

http://www.triplejunearthed.com/Artists/View.aspx?artistid=944

That's my stuff, it's going pretty good, but could use a few reviews and such, of course you'll see ms spektor as one of my influences, like affluenza I got her in the blood.

If you'd prefer not to sign anything you can support me:

http://www.youthweek.com/talent_comps/vav_rockit_snr.asp

Brendan Maclean - Airport People is the only one there :-P

I think?!

CocoRosie, Feist, Cat power, Sufjan Steevens... pretty good music!! Dunno the most of the others, but for those who know Cat Power surely also know Leerone? A good singer too!

Hmmmm... I suppose most of you know Jason Webley?

Although for the past 9 months, I have rarely listened to anything besides Regina, I'm very fond of Sarah Harmer (another Canadian, like Feist). Favorite songs: The Hideout, All of Our Names.

And awhile back, my kids got me to go see Smoosh (2 kids from Seattle). I like them!

quote:
Originally posted by Becky Khvost:

CocoRosie, Feist, Cat power, Sufjan Steevens... pretty good music!! Dunno the most of the others, but for those who know Cat Power surely also know Leerone? A good singer too!

Hmmmm... I suppose most of you know Jason Webley?

actually i don't know Leerone. what is the relation to Cat Power? I will have to check that out (<3 Cat Power btw).

Well, he's not exactly a new artist, I'm sure some of you know him, but he does have new music out! Ben Kweller's new album, "Ben Kweller" is Awesome! He played all the instruments on this album...I think that's so cool that he can say that he did everything on the album, the music is ALL his. Sweet. He's on tour right now (I'm oging to the Chicago show wooo) and check him out!:

benkweller.com

right now im into this really mellow band Hem... they did this liberty mutual commerical with their song "half an acre" come to find out my neighbor is the aunt of one of the founders.

i love the idea behind this ad.. its so friendly

Hem's myspace they are very folkie nd really neat in person.

edit: p.s. i love to find artists through commercials... most tv ad's suck but ometimes you walk by and one slaps you in the face where you must watch, cat powers jewelry one did that, nd so did this add. i love finding artists this way its a nice little clip of a voice enough to make you want more.