yasminlemole

Wanting Regina to be successful...

but I don't want her to be so successful that everyone knows of her! I feel I am being very selfish but I love her and her music that much that I feel like a little girl again who does not want to share her sweets! ;-) Anyone else feel like this?

I think Regina is probably more successful than she ever expected to be - from what I have read anyway... Part of me does not want her to reach the mainstream level of Beyonce for example.. but of course, if that's what she wants, then I hope she attains it...

This subject has always been a poser. If everyone is like me, it's thrilling to see her high in the charts, get good reviews, be appreciated by more and more people discovering her. But we also want her to stay accessable. Even at concerts we can see the loss of that somewhat. I guess we can't have both. She's one human no matter how great she is. She can spread herself only so thin. But, with her greater popularity I don't think we'll ever lose her to conformity or not being herself. We all know she's too grounded for that. But our little smokey cafe girl is pretty much gone to the masses. I blame her art for that. She's just too good. Even people with bad taste in music eventually see what's going on with her. They can't help themselves. She ends up appealling to everyone to some degree. Even the ones who say otherwise at first finally succumb. She's an aqcuired taste and undeniable both at the same time. She's unique that way. So between successful less successful, I pick successful. First of all for her sake financially and freedoms to create, and then for the faith it revives in me that people truly do appreciate quality music.