jesse

Raindrops 2009... another regina mystery (or not)?

so i've stumbled upon another interesting (i think) thing

after the songs from far, but before left hand song, 'raindrops' was registered with some music publishing companies. i don't remember regina's 2009 well enough outside of far to think of any great explanations for what this song could have been intended to be used for, but i was wondering if anything else was "released" then? i know soviet kitsch was "re-released" on itunes at one point, but don't remember when, so maybe raindrops could have been a potential bonus track? the other two, scarecrow/december, were from the same sk demo as raindrops.

or maybe it was an alternate idea for the joshua bell album? i feel like i remember hearing that regina chose left hand song right away for that, but don't actually know if that's true.

i'm thinking that it also might have something to do with this video:

it got fairly popular for a fan video, so maybe regina or the label just wanted to ensure that they had control over the song?

either way i'm sure that it's not hugely important, but things are slow in regina-land so i figured it was worth posting about.

after the songs from far, but before left hand song, 'raindrops' was registered with some music publishing companies.

interesting. :o which ones? i've checked BMI and ASCAP several times, and i've seen nothing either time.

thanks for sharing. :)

Yeah, Raindrops is a song that I always felt would be a huge hit if properly released. The 4-million plus views on that video really shows that. So given that, they probably just wanted to make sure they had control over it.