Sign in to follow this  
EllieM-R

In my humble opinion

I would like to first and foremost say I am a huge Regina Spektor fan. I think she is an immensely talently musician who has a beautifully kind soul. Her music always brings joy to my heart and a smile to my face, but with that being said I was a little bit disappointed when I saw the post about gun reform on her facebook.First let me explain I understand it was out of innocence and outrage of knowing those children were killed in such a heinous manner. I too was sad and outraged but asking for gun reform is not the answer!Simply because it implies taking away our American born rights and therefore it is unconstitutional. The reason it was important to me to post this is knowing that Regina and her family fleed from Russia when it was oppressed and part of the Soviet Union. Which if our rights continue to be infringed on The United States will resemble.I do not own a gun nor do I plan on buying one.I defend the Second Amendment because I feel if it is taken away all the rest of the amendments, (which were created to protect citizens of the United States from tyranny) will also go.

I'm a supporter of the Second Amendment, I have rifles and handguns in my possession, I use them for sport and home protection. While I don't agree with Regina's view, I think it great that she is letting her voice be heard about the issue. I'm just here for the music,

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good, Oh lord please don't let me be misunderstood <3

I think everyone should have a right to express their point of view on any issue.Obviously I believe in free speech although I think an extra responsablity is placed on anyone in the public eye because they have the ability to influence masses. So they should be wise to all points of views of the issues they express or keep it to themselves.