Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andreseng

srg 10th Stix Anniversary

6 posts in this topic

Please join me in wishing one of the greatest regina fans on the planet a happy 10th anniversary on the stix. srg (Serge) is one of the kindest human beings around as anyone that has met him or interacted with him can attest. He shares his historical knowledge about reg with us. Not to mention all the media at reginaspektor.net.

What sums him up best to me was after the Planned Parenthood show, in January of 2009, at the Bowery Ballroom a group of us were lucky enough to spend some real quality time with regina (as her parents slept in the car) after the show. Many topics were discussed. But the one that sticks out in my mind was she told us about being contacted by a producer that wanted to use Lucky Penny. At first she said she freaked out a bit because she couldn't remember the song. Then she said something to the effect of, thank God for that reginaspektor.net or I never would have found a recording of it. Not one to seek the limelight Serge said nothing. But we were sure to point out that it was his website.

Then of course all the meetups over the years before and after shows and the genorosity he has shown to all of us. The tickets he has shared with many of us. The "upgraded tickets" he has shared. I could go on and on about this mans kindness and genorosity. He is by far THE greatest regina fan of all time.

Happy Anniversary Serge...and many more.

Barth, JustinPoll, RJLupin2 and 2 others like this

Wow, happy tenth anniversary, Serge! From what I've read on here over the years (I hope I'll meet some of 'the American stixers' one day), you're an irreplacable part of the community. :)

RJLupin2 likes this

I'd like to concur with the above posters. From my all too brief interactions with Serjay I've come to the conclusion that he is a fine upstanding fellow, and he is one of the people I always look forward to seeing in line at Spektor gigs. Happy anniversary SRG. Hope to see you soon! - Nat

RJLupin2 likes this

Serge: belated greetings and happy 10th anniversary. Never met you, except online, but you have given me the possibility to discover many beautiful treasures in Regina's music through your page. Thank you so much for that! You rock.

Apologies for being late on this, but, Serge you're the man! Thanks for all the videos, stories, and everything you have shared that has enhanced our experience. While many people would keep all the exclusive stuff to themselves, you're always willing to share it (and somehow still be modest!). Although I've only met you recently, your Regina videos are the reason I was able to study/not fail out of hs and college (pretty sure I've told you that!) ! Thanks for being awesome and welcoming me to your group with open arms. You're a great person and I, like many others, appreciate your kindness and generosity!

-Brendan