melcotton

Oops! Google Chrome could not find respektonline.com

31 posts in this topic

I'm hesitant to start a new thread, but I have a serious rant.

I finally have some free time to listen through all the live recordings on RespektOnline, and the website has vanished. Does anyone know what's happened? How long has the site been down? Is there another place I can find and download those recordings? Help....

I don't know anything about this but this makes me really sad. :( I hope it's not gone for good.

I looked up the domain and it says it doesn't expire until August, so I have no idea why it's gone...

melcotton likes this

I'm hesitant to start a new thread, but I have a serious rant.

I finally have some free time to listen through all the live recordings on RespektOnline, and the website has vanished. Does anyone know what's happened? How long has the site been down? Is there another place I can find and download those recordings? Help....

Damn...This news tore away a part of my soul. I think you can still find most of the recordings here : http://reginaspektor-net.blogspot.com/search/label/updates?max-results=99

But still....Damn.

Sorry folks. We are making some changes on the backend. It wasn't supposed to happen until the first. But as all well laid plans go, we had a hiccup. I assure you the site will be back in some form shortly. It may take a little bit to get everything back up again. But it will happen. The content is not lost.

I was actually just coming here to post about it so as not to freak anyone out.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Sorry folks. We are making some changes on the backend. It wasn't supposed to happen until the first. But as all well laid plans go, we had a hiccup. I assure you the site will be back in some form shortly. It may take a little bit to get everything back up again. But it will happen. The content is not lost.

I was actually just coming here to post about it so as not to freak anyone out.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Oh my heart. Not to be melodramatic, but I was a little bit freaked out. Thanks for the update. And thanks for your amazing website!

Hi everyone. Just a little mid-weekend update as I continue to work on the new site. All the shows, songs, and audio should now be converted over. You can play around with the new sorting and searching features and let me know what you think. I'm not planning on keeping the logo (it's the one we used for the Haiti show page), but making a new one is low on my list right now. If you've got some artistic talent and would like to try making a logo for us, it should be exactly 920px wide and no more than about 200px tall. To save anyone testing out the site some minor annoyances, the "enter" key doesn't work for search right now, you'll have to click the button. I hope this holds you over for another day or two, and please send any all feedback my way.

himynameism and RJLupin2 like this

RE: the banner/logo. I really like the Haiti pictures you used. And concert pictures are probably a good fit for the site since there are so many live recordings. But I don't have any of my own, and wasn't sure which ones to use (copyright wise).. so I made some mockups with general promo pictures / video stills:

tumblr_mkjngxZ9gz1qb87ggo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkjngxZ9gz1qb87ggo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkjngxZ9gz1qb87ggo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_mkjngxZ9gz1qb87ggo4_1280.jpg

Sorry not to have a more exciting update for the end of the weekend, but I spent most of the night working on the user registration and login process, which is very time-consuming, but essential if we want to enable the new features we've been mentioning. I have the process working, but I have not enabled it on the site yet, as it won't get you anything right now. Photos and videos are coming, but transferring them to the new server is slow going. Emmerrrrrrr, if you want some good tour photos to play with, try contacting Jamie, she has hundreds and I think she's been picking out the good ones lately to upload to the site (when that feature is ready). I'll have more updates tomorrow. Thanks for hanging in there guys, we appreciate your patience.

I still haven't been able to get on the website. I keep getting the same error message. Is that the same for everyone, or...?