Sign in to follow this  
melcotton

Protips wanted - catching Regina in her home town

So I'm going on holidays to North America later this year, and I'll be in NYC in late August. It's one of my dreams to see Regina play in her home town, in a smaller, more intimate gig (I know that is also everyone else's dream, but humour me).

I've checked her tour schedules and can't see anything listed for that time, but I thought maybe when she was home she might play more spontaneous/secret shows in Brooklyn and surrounds. Can anyone give me any ideas about where to look for these shows? Or is my wish futile? Where would she play - any favourite venues? Am I on the right track with these questions? Any help would be so very much appreciated.

Hi.. I believe that Regina is scheduled to be in Europe but may be back by that time (I was born in NYC and live very nearby in northern NJ).... I wish I had more positive news but Regina has likely outgrown those venues some time ago.. I had an unexpected (but fortunate) meeting with her father outside the Beacon before her concert last October, and he indicated that she has even outgrown the Beacon as they had trouble getting tickets for fans and relatives... Maybe some of the more long time members here have some suggestions...

R

Yea I will have to agree with robertaxel....she doesn't really play smaller venues anymore :( The two times I saw her play in a smaller venue in NY, the shows were not advertised until practically the day of the show. She did play a youtube show thing of some sort last year but you had to enter to win the tickets. I wouldn't say seeing her play a smaller show is impossible though....you can just never really predict when it will happen. I hope this was helpful even though it is kind of a bummer. Hope you get to see her! You will have a wonderful time in NYC regardless!

I remember Barnes and Noble at Union Square trying to do a small show with her and Kurt Andersen around the time Far came out (you can find it on You Tube and Barnes and Nobles site), and the upstairs area being so swamped with people that it became grossly uncomfortable. She has done a few other things like that (Independent Record Stores Day, David Bezmogis' book reading) but, really, those days are probably over for awhile. I do not expect her to do any U.S> shows when she returns, but hope I am wrong.

I do not expect her to do any U.S> shows when she returns, but hope I am wrong.

awwww :( ....ever since I discovered Regina's music, I've been dying to catch her in concert. I recently bought Sara B tickets so I can check that off the list, hopefully Regina will be next in the future.

awwww :( ....ever since I discovered Regina's music, I've been dying to catch her in concert. I recently bought Sara B tickets so I can check that off the list, hopefully Regina will be next in the future.

I didn't mean forever. Do see her when you can. The event itself is almost as magical as the music. The age range of the audience is incredible---I am by no means out of place though I have been around a few years...and the rapt attention to what Regi serves up is incredible. I have never left a Regina concert without feeling so happy and wonderstuck and wish all of that for anyone.