josefgabriel

Early fan Recordings

19 posts in this topic

Hello. It has been a very long time since I have been here and it looks like brumstix has found a new (much flashier) home. I did a little searching and I have been unable to locate what I am looking for and wondered if it is still there.

At some point in time there was a big collection of a ton of early Regina recordings including many shows in New York and some others (Lots of live at Tonic, Live at the Living room ect.). Also there was some (if I recall, the name had something to do with six pack) 100+ previously unreleased songs (at the time) that were compiled in a nice A-Z set. Finally, in the same spot there were other concerts, including one I recorded myself at the Moore theatre in Seattle a few years ago and posted to share.

Recent events have left me with almost none of my belongings (and a broken heart that could use some Reginament). My entire music collection, CDs, vinyl, two computers ect. all gone. I DO have almost all of these recordings on a hard drive in my car but the system is is on is no longer made and locating a docking station for it is not easy nor feasable at the moment.

I don't know if it is still readily available but if someone has a link or has it in their heart to send these too me I could really use it. I have been getting my fix driving around and to some extent on Pandora but I really feel close to all 20 or so of these early concerts and know every moment of them and it would be a great comfort to have. Thank you all.

<3

Okay well looks like they are also rebuilding. Anyone happen to have any other links to the content? If not, I will wait until I can get a docking station or the site comes back online. Ty.

Hi, I'm so sorry for all your troubles!

respektonline does seems to be down for maintenance but a lot of early shows especially those recorded by serge are still on reginaspektor.net

If there's anything you cannot find there and would like to have before respektonline comes back don't hesitate to ask for it. I am happy to help.

See this and this for reference to what is available.

Thank you very miuch Appt. It looks like reginaspektor.net refers to repektonline for a number of things but I do seem to be able to download a bunch of indiviual tracks. I don't guess there are entire show zips? And the one thing that doesn't seem to be covered on either of these websites is the "sixpack" download zip. It has over 100 tracks and seemed to be handpicked performances of indivual songs. Some of my favorite were on here that I am not aware of being anywhere else (making records, a lesson in how fleeting preservation is are two of my all time favorites).

Do you have this or know where to get it? It was put together with great care.

Aaah! I now what you mean now; ok I will fish around for that collection. I am pretty sure I have it somewhere on my hdd...check back tomorrow.

josefgabriel likes this

What you are looking for is called the six-58 file. Six-58 used to be a website with loads of Regina songs, the file was just an archive containing all of those songs. It used to be available at respektonline.com.

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a list that would tell me what exactly was in the file so I have no way of verifying that what I am sending you is the actual six-58 file. I do remember having that collection. I also remember re-tagging it and later dissipating it because it contained mainly songs from shows I already owned full recordings of. However, I did find a copy of "Regina Spektor Live Collection" on one of my old backup cds which I think is just a re-tagged six-58 collection.

Download here & enjoy

Maybe somebody else can either verify whether this really is the six-58 collection.

That is it! Without even downlloading it I remember the name. Thank you soooo much appt! You don't know how much I appreciate your time and effort!