robertaxel

Regina in Amsterdam

Yes! I'm definitely going (well, the ticket sale starts tomorrow morning so let's not get too optimistic :P)!

I have to admit though that my first thought was sort of like: already? Because last time I'd waited 3 years since I'd last seen her. And now it's only one year! And I also felt like a very spoiled fan.. I immediately started to think that it won't be as mind-blowingly special as getting to talk to her in Paris last year. Ugh, seriously, how can I even say that about a Regina concert? It's going to be a great night no matter what!

Yayy! That's really awesome! It's going to be awesome. Have you ever been in Paradiso? It's a really pretty venue. I got to see her there four years ago, and got there a couple of hours early. You could hear her soundcheck through a door at the side of the building. It was really exciting. :D

No, I have never been to Paradiso or The Netherlands in general, which is quite embarrassing, because I live like 100 km away from the border :unsure: .

Wow, thats pretty cool that you can hear her soundcheck! I heard FEIST doing her soundcheck at E-Werk in Cologne last year, that was pretty cool too! How early do you think do you have to be there? And do you know why I need to purchase a membership for Paradiso? Is this common in the Netherlands?

Haha, oh well, I think you're going to like it! Are you going there for a holiday, or just to see Regina?

I don't really know how early I was there at the time. Like I said, a few hours, but it's such a long time ago. It was my first time going to Paradiso as well, so I just went to see where it was exactly, to make sure I'd be able to find it, it was probably like 6PM or earlier.. But of course I don't even know that the soundcheck thing will happen just like 4 years ago.. I don't want to give you false hope. :P

It is pretty common over here to purchase membership for venues like Paradiso, I don't know why, it always seems a bit weird to me as well. I suppose they want to make it more attractive for you to come return for another concert?

This is happening today! Yayy! I'll try to remember as many details as I can. I managed to do that pretty well last year, but then I also had the help of kaoir's story and her recording! The weather isn't great - I hope Regina also loves Amsterdam in the rain ;P I don't know if you read this, It's all about the moon, but I'll be wearing the same shirt I wore last year("I *heart* Paris in the rain") so if you see me, don't hestitate to say hello :) It's going to be so great! I hope she'll play You've Got Time (new song, yay!) and Us - she didn't play that last year but I think she's played it in the UK at the festival and stuff. But of course, whatever she plays, it's going to be wonderful. Yes, I'm rambling. Heh.