RJLupin2

European Summer Tour 2013

Another song, another winner. That was awesome! It's sounds so good live. She's just got the midas touch doesn't she? Never a bomb, never a dud. Everything she does is always at least really really good. That's the worst it gets for her. And though she's really been around awhile now and has a huge catalogue of music already, doesn't it still seem like she's still in the beginnings of her career? It has that feeling for me still. Can't explain it. Maybe it's just me. Discovery and appreciation of her by most has been so slow, maybe it's that. Not a flash in the pan by no means, but not an overnight success by no means either, but she just grows. She never has setbacks, she only rises, and it's so steady and solid. Never seen anything quite like it.

She looks like she has so much fun with that song!

I could be totally misinterpreting everything, but it seemed like Regina had gotten a bit bored with her Cheap Seats songs during her American tour...so it's nice to see her break free with this one!

Here's another article about the secret garden party drama from another site:

http://www.thecmuwebsite.com/article/secret-garden-party-comments-on-clean-bandit-cancellation/

I really hope she continues to play "You've Got Time" live! She does look like she is having a lot of fun. She seems to be playing a good mix of her songs so far on this European tour:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/regina-spektor/2013/de-la-warr-pavilion-bexhill-england-3c6f93b.html

Fantastic show once again last night in Glasgow.

It was my third Regina show and I was determined to take it all in this time, as my previous shows were just over way too quickly. This one was also over too soon but for the first time I didn't feel overwhelmed and felt able to really appreciate the magic going on on stage. I was able to get nearer the stage this time to get a close up view of a genius at work.

Glasgow crowds are traditionally noisy and this one was no exception and she seemed to appreciate it.

There were no mishaps , unlike my previous two shows (throat problem and t-shirt throwing incident) so I know now that it's not me!

Early on we got the usual "Marry me Regina" from the crowd ("I'm taken" was her response) but then during the intro to Ode to Divorce we got a first when the same guy called out "Divorce me Regina". She couldn't continue for laughing and had to start again.

The set list was almost identical to the Dublin show the night before (see link on the Dublin thread). Usually I can pick some highlights from a set, but this time it was all just too good.

I can't wait for show number four, or a new album, or just anything Regina related; I can't get enough of her. :-)