ThePoetsLove

*NEW SONG* You've Got TIme

37 posts in this topic

I've heard it! It's really cool, a new direction! I believe it'll be available tomorrow for the US, but I really can't be 100% certain without some confirmation from Regina or her people.

himynameism likes this

Sneaky Regina, just releasing this without an announcement.. love it though, because if she had said something about this earlier the wait would have been long! The preview sounds good.. Ohh hang on, it's on Spotify, going to listen right now!

Okay, this is totally awesome. Reminds me of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs a little bit.. also of some of Only Son's songs. It's different and it's awesome! Hope she'll play it live in Amsterdam. Yayy :D

EDIT: Here's a crazy theory about where this song came from. Maybe it's nothing, but I just read this tweet by TV critic Todd Vanderwerff: "If nothing else, Orange Is The New Black should win a theme song Emmy for Regina Spektor." -> Orange Is The New Black is the upcoming (July 11th) new Netflix show.. and the cover of this song is orange & black.. and the show is about prison and I think some of the lyrics could be about that.. so, maybe? Guess we'll find out in a couple of days if this makes any sense.

I am very confused as to why it isn't available in the US yet...seems pretty weird! But I really like that theory...I listened to it again and it definitely feels like it could fit a jail show. Also I think it sounds very Only Son-ish! Reminds me of the Only Son song "True"

Just found this!

How did the Regina Spektor theme song come about?

KOHAN: I begged her to write a song and she said yes. I am a huge Regina Spektor fan. I think she’s a genius and just a lovely soul, and I wanted her voice on it. And she agreed, which is just the coolest thing, ever. She knocked it out of the park.

This all but confirms that You've Got Time is the theme!

himynameism and Emmerrrrrrr like this