TC

The New Record

60 posts in this topic

I'm sure we've all read the Entertainment Weekly article ( http://music-mix.ew....youve-got-time/ ) that mentions Regina's new album coming out next year...

Do we have any more information on this? I haven't really come across any other mentions of it, and Regina hasn't said anything herself. I guess I'm just kind of nervous that they could have gotten something wrong?

It's just TOO exciting news and I don't wanna be let dooown!

As much as I want her to put out a new album next year, I feel like that article might have not been correct :unsure: She hasn't mentioned anything about it herself so I feel a little nervous as well...but then again she never said anything about WWSFTCS so who knows! She has mentioned that she is going back home after the tour to write a lot so maybe she has some songs already picked out/recorded and she wants to add more? I really hope she does put another album out soon!

Hmm.. Rolling Stone writes "once she's back in the States, she'll most likely start writing more songs for another album" but doesn't say when it's supposed to come out. So we shouldn't be very surprised if it comes out in 2015, I think.

I read the thingy too and got really excited! If she really is making a new record I really hope she records songs like You or Loveology.. but hey, new songs are always more than welcome ;) I'm still high on Regina because I saw her last month in Tallinn which was the best experience ever. I didn't think I could love her more than I did, but somehow I do! Now I'm just rambling, but yay, let's all hope she is making one!

I think I read/heard an interview once where Regina was basically like, "Wow, [insert whatever favorite artist of hers she was talking about] released a new record every two years -- some time every year -- and I'd like to start releasing stuff more often."

I think she said that around the time far was released though, so maybe she decided that kind of schedule doesn't work for her? At any rate, I reiterate that I would love a new album more than I could express.

And yeah, I'd also kill for You or Loveology!

In terms of songs for a new album, I've got a pretty good feeling about 8th Floor (or maybe even Rockland County) showing up, mainly because Regina has seemed really interested in exploring her Russian roots lately. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking...

I was just thinking about Loveology today and wondered what fans would prefer:

1. It appears on a future studio recording, but is given the full instrumentation / production treatment.

2. It never appears on a studio recording and retains its legendary status.

For me, it would be option 1. It's too good a song not to be heard, even if it's a very different version.