TC

The New Record

I think I'd have to agree with you, finalfling. The production on some of her classics has been hit and miss but Loveology is just too good to not try it. I hope she does.

This just made me remember that I dreamt last night that Regina performed a new song that sounded like Long Brown Hair but reskinned. It was neat.

Regina please, new music already! I'm so impatient. Long Brown Hair would sound so cooool with a good recording. 

Also, I'd like to hear what she would do to Loveology if she went to the studio with it. Whatever would happen, we'd still have the old recording!

Anyways, do you guys also get these sudden fixations on certain regisongs that you've heard a thousand times and then you just can't stop listening to them? I have that on Lacrimosa right now and I keep hearing it in different ways. Did that make sense?

The only classic song that I didn't care for in studio version was "no me quite pas". I loved the original recording...the full instrumentation was really poppy and it took away the beauty of the song. But that's not jus opinion. Idk how loveology would sound with full instrumentation but I think I'll love it anyways.

I didn't like it much at first either, but I eventually came around. I don't really like the tropical backdrop much but luckily I've never really heard it that way. I can see why you might not like it, though, Spektorologist. It's pretty strange going from the old, raw version to now. I had the same problems with Blue Lips for a while.

Speaking of Blue Lips, this may be my favorite version. The song is well served by strings and no drums, and the high audio and video quality certainly help. Regina's singing and playing remain the highlight, and the strings add just enough color

(no pun intended)

one of my favorite versions too. I watched this over and over when it was new. This was right when 'far' was coming out. I wanted to post a review of this from back then that I had read, but I couldn't find it. To paraphrase, it ranted and raved over this being a jaw dropping performance. The article said something like it just stopped everybody cold. Magical, mesmerizing, nothing else that night came close, kind of comments. Wish I could've found it, cause I swear it said stuff like that :). I remember her saying she didn't feel that good that night. You can kind of tell. Not in the performance!! And she looks great!! But in her eyes. I guess I've watched her so many times, I can kind of see it when she doesn't feel well. (Isn't just like a fan to think they can read her :P) But, isn't it just like her to be as good as this, even under the weather.

I remember watching this live on Later with such anticipation. Regina still didn't get a great deal of attention in the UK at the time and to get on Later is quite a big deal.

I was almost holding my breath when she came on, willing her to do well. My heart was in my mouth at the slightly shaky start but by the end I could have punched the air, it felt like a triumph! Sounds a dramatic account of watching a TV show, I know, but that's how it felt

I get the same way when she performs. Not so much concerts, but, whatever show has TV cameras. She can get a little nervous at those (bless her heart). Too controlled an environment I think. She needs it free flowing. I also react like you when she kills it. I literally do punch the air. With a small jump up, included :rolleyes:. Even if I'm by myself I do that. Quite embarrassing if anyone saw :). It's like you want everyone to see how truly great she is. It's like showing off your kid or something. I don't know exactly how to explain it. But when you said you felt triumphant, I can tell you get it. It's weird her effect. I feel personally triumphant when she does good. It's like saying "I told you so", or "Didn't I tell you so", something like that.

The studio versions of her songs are beauties too me. Live, Studio, Outtake, Demo, Just a Piano, I'll take it all from her. I'm not one to compare versions. I trust her no matter what. Negative talk about 'too many instruments' or, 'over produced', I say Phooey! I want that magic brain of her unswayed by criticism. She needs to Regina her music in any flippin' way she wants with 100% support from us. To me it takes a lot of nerve to scrutinize anything she does. Not that criticism is a bad thing in life, but not her. Not Regina. Too unique. Too special :wub:.