RJLupin2

Regina nominated for a Grammy for "You've Got Time"!

Jack Dishel just posted on facebook that Regina has been nominated for a Grammy for Orange is the New Black's theme "You've Got Time" in the category "Best Song Written For Visual Media"! :D

z0eceH1.png

Link!

It's about damn time, don't you think?!

With Adele's "Skyfall" squeezed in the same category, I guess Regina's chances of winning are pretty slim. Not that I care that much about the Grammy's anyways. Still, it's great for her to be recognized and that itself is a cause for celebration. Alleluia !

So exciting! I guess I will have a reason to actually pay any attention to the Grammy's this year. It's too bad that Adele is in the same category. But hey, any press is good press and maybe there will be a surprise!

Very nice mention:

"Regina Spektor is so great she deserves all the Grammys, but for the time being I'll be thrilled

if she picks up the award for Best Song Written for Visual Media for her Orange Is the New Black theme song. But she's up against Adele ("Skyfall"), so that may be a pipe dream."

The entire article is here:

http://www.zimbio.com/Music+News/articles/iaW1IEBQ4JA/Biggest+Surprises+Snubs+2014+Grammy+Nominations

This makes me very happy :) I've been quietly following reg for a while, as life has gotten a bit hectic since I last posted here.. But it was incredible to hear about this. Very happy for her. I think her art deserves this kind of recognition, though I'm a bit biased, haha. Always rooting in the reg-corner..