Sign in to follow this  
Universal Edibility

Regina and Ben Folds together again!! You Don't Know Me live

I am adding this on to the thread.... Interesting tidbit from Ben Folds about Regina and Miley Cyrus of all people...

What do you think about Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift? How do you feel about women in this generation of music?

I think the people making that music are pretty smart and they know it. I have been in a text/email/pen pal relationship with Miley Cyrus since she was 14. I think she’s a really smart chick, and she’s really talented and bright, too. When we first started talking, she wanted to know about Regina Spektor. She’s obviously not gone in the same way. Intelligence and independence in a female voice, lyrically and vocally, is nothing but attractive. For girls, it doesn’t need to be “F--k you, I’m my own person. Hear my roar and growl.” What I hear is them being themselves and not having to be overtly feminist. I want to hear girls sing with their whole voice more. Not just the top part. Don’t hide behind girly shit. Sing with your alto range! I like schizophrenic artists. They make me happy. 

The entire interview:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6692452/ben-folds-interview-so-there-ymusic-divorce-miley-cyrus-amanda-palmer