Sign in to follow this  
TC

Record Store Day 2016 + Regina!

Check this out!

http://music.mxdwn.com/2016/03/10/news/warner-bros-records-announce-limited-edition-record-store-day-vinyl-releases-including-deftones-the-flaming-lips-and-regina-spektor/

Singer-songwriter Regina Spektor will unveil two rare vinyl pieces. The first, Soviet Kitsch, is Spektor’s first major label release pressed on red vinyl. The album, championed as one of the 100 greatest albums of the decade by NME, will feature a bonus 7″ single with three additional tracks: “US (video edit),” “Scarecrow & Fungus,” and “december.”

The Soviet-born artist will also release a deluxe 10th Anniversary 2-LP set wrapped in a special gold jacket. Spektor’s fourth album, 2006’s Begin To Hope, will be accompanied by a bonus LP of ten additional tracks and the previously unreleased song “Baby Jesus.”

BABY JESUS?!

Very cool. I wonder what the other 10 tracks on the BTH release will be? I assume the tracks from the deluxe CD's EP will be included, but that still leaves 5 whole songs.

Check this out!

http://music.mxdwn.com/2016/03/10/news/warner-bros-records-announce-limited-edition-record-store-day-vinyl-releases-including-deftones-the-flaming-lips-and-regina-spektor/

BABY JESUS?!

Very cool. I wonder what the other 10 tracks on the BTH release will be? I assume the tracks from the deluxe CD's EP will be included, but that still leaves 5 whole songs.

I'm assuming it's this recording of Baby Jesus, which sounds very much like a take from the same session that produced the rest of the BTH bonus tracks (like Uh-Merica and Baobabs).

Counting Hero, Bartender, Uh-Merica, Baobabs, Another Town, Düsseldorf, Music Box, and Baby Jesus, that leaves two mystery songs left. 

From the RSD website:

This special Record Store Day version is pressed on silver vinyl and contains a bonus LP with 10 additional songs and the previously unreleased track "Baby Jesus". Limited to 3,000 copies.

1. Fidelity 
2. Better
3. Samson
4. On The Radio
5. Field Below
6. Hotel Song
7. Après Moi
8. 20 Years Of Snow
9. That Time
10. Edit
11. Lady 
12. Summer In The City
13. Another Town
14. Uh-merica
15. Baobabs
16. Düsseldorf 
17. Music Box
18. Better (Piano And Voice)
19. Better (Radio Recut)
20. Hero 
21. Bartender
22. Baby Jesus

Before I checked I had a little hope that she had put the title track on there :/