tallchick

NEW ALBUM/TOUR: WHAT IS REGINA HIDING?

23 posts in this topic

Judging from her appearance at the Doctors Without Borders in 2014, I am guessing the below songs (Stay; Party Upstairs?).. she sang Lucky Penny and Chelsea Hotel which is OK by me..

tmkh likes this

I'm so excited! It's been far too long...

Stay and Party Upstairs would be neat. I have a feeling this one will have mostly new stuff...I remember Regina saying she felt like she'd done her older catalogue proud with WWSFTCS, that she mo longer felt as beholden to them.

Best day ever!

robertaxel and Lilyfloss like this

I think the Doctors Without Borders songs will be on there (Stay, Lucky Penny, Party Upstairs)...they all sound[ed] awesome, and I also noticed in the past couple years post-Cheap Seats, she's [publicly] made somewhat subtle acknowledgements of the song "Loveology" more than she had before, so this might finally be the record everyone's been waiting for, in that regard. lol. I used to have dreams of it being like a hidden bonus encore track after you think the record's over...like "Her Majesty" on Abbey Road (among the many others), but hey, if it's in, it's in.

I hope it's a new record, whether there's a legit tour or not. And if it isn't and all this is for something way different, it would still be a hilarious, epic troll from her. Everyone's too damn excited about this for it not to be what we think. lol

• Do yall think the animation is the album cover art? I wonder what the title will be! Perhaps a self-titled album?

I really really hope Loveology FINALLY makes it on an album. Other than that, new songs would be great!

We have not really heard from regina in so long. Excited to see the press/interviews that come like the long npr ones if she is back in the game. 

I would love to have Loveology and 8thfloor (personally) on the new record, but I think those songs are too far gone into the recesses of Regi's brain and (luckily) the internet.

Yes! 8th Floor is another one! Hopefully as intimate-sounding as possible, and then go all out with instrumentation on "Loveology". I'd love that. "Lucky Penny" isn't new, either..far from it, but when she brought it back for that show, the song did stay in my head for months to follow, so maybe it could fit itself into a modern Regina album. "Devil Come To Bethlehem" is one I selflishly want on a record, just for me. lol

I love the photoshoot, too. I want to know more, and I can't wait to find it out. Does this shoot have anything to do with the album title? Or just a song title in particular or a lyric? How much does her newfound motherhood play into the overall perspective of the record? Will she tour extensively as with her previous releases? Has she created/added a new song on guitar to bring back and add onto "That Time" and "Bobbing For Apples" on tour? Are there any guest appearances aside from Jack? Will there be more speaking/singing in Russian? Who knows? All we know is there is some sort of activity on the Regina front..

robertaxel likes this

Hey! Brand new here. So is this finally happening?!

"I Cut Off My Hair"; and "Musicbox" are bangers! From forever ago but I hope they make it to some sort of LP/EP one day.

Also, I think a remake of "Blue Lips" would be dope...similar to what she did for "Nemme Quitte Pas/"Don't Leave Me" on WWSFTCS

tallchick likes this

I would like I cut off my hair. However, Blue Lips is perfect and relatively recent, so I highly doubt a remake. Besides, Regina has mentioned wanting to move forward. I am thinking there will be a good combination of mostly new songs with a few very old ones that never made it on an album. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor