GreenStandsForLove

Remember Us To Life (Album Coming Sep 30, 2016)

86 posts in this topic

Used to be active on Brümstix several years ago. Came to here to say that, first, I love the album. And second..."The Light" is heart-wrenchingly beautiful. Ugly tears coming out of me in public when I first heard it. <3 her.

I've got a heart of stone (I didn't even cry at Marley & Me :D) but The Light almost moved me to tears!

robertaxel likes this

I'm so happy and thankful for the new album. It's such a new experience to have all new songs, I'm overwhelmed by it in the best way :) It feels like Regina handed us this huge gift.. and I'm unwrapping it veeeery slowly, taking time to let each song sink in, so I've only listened to it up to Tornadoland so far. But I couldn't wait to leave a message to say that I'm enjoying it so much! The album is reaffirming Regina's amazing range in terms of moods and styles, and I really like what she has done production-wise (although I wish Black and White were a bit less polished, and Older and Taller feels a bit too end-credits-of-a-movie to me). Before the album came out I was already obsessed with Small Bill$, and I really love the lyrics of Older and Taller.. And each of the other new songs I've heard since Friday bring their own flavour to them <3 Grand Hotel has amazing imagery, it reminds me of A Canon which is one of my favorite songs of hers. The Light is beautifully vulnerable. The Trapper and the Furrier is such a surprise, wow, she's still writing songs like this! Yay! And then Tornadoland.. I love the stormy sounds and how her voice seems to be so 'close' to your ears. Now I have 6 more songs to discover.. It's great to have her back.

robertaxel likes this

I love reading all of your posts on this thread: it is nice to know there are other people like me who are in love with Regina's music. This new album is truly breath-taking. When I first heard "The Light" I couldn't believe how she perfectly captured my inner thoughts and emotions. It was like she was reading my mind and then expressing things in a way that was more beautiful than I had imagined possible. I have to be careful where I listen to that song because "ugly tears in public" are sure to follow!

And then "Obsolete": I can't express it with words, but what a perfect song that is. Simply stunning.

Right now I usually listen to those 2 first because I am just drawn to them magnetically. Sometimes I will replay them several times in a row before I jump back to "Older and Taller". It also moves me but in a less gut-wrenching way. Then I let it play through "Grand Hotel", "Small Bill$" and "Black and White" (all great songs). Before "The Light" starts again (I have to be quick or I could sucked back in...) I skip ahead to "Tornadoland" (fantastic!) and then skip ahead (again, careful to avoid getting pulled into "Obsolete"...) to "Sellers of Flowers" and "The Visit".

I still haven't gotten fully into "The Trapper and The Furrier" or the extras but I have no doubt it is only a matter of time. I like "Bleeding Heart" for an occasional listen, but at this point I don't see that one moving onto my full-time Regina playlist.

robertaxel likes this

So for anyone who ordered the "clear vinyl"- were your records actually clear? The label on the shrink wrap said "Clear Vinyl" but when I pulled the records they were the normal black vinyls. Am I losing my mind or was I supposed to get something else? I did contact Warner about it.  :huh:

debbieanne4 likes this

I'm the opposite. I've been really into Bleeding Heart, Grand Hotel, Trapper, and Tornadoland and pretty much nothing else.. I do like the other songs but they're not hitting me as hard for some reason. I think they need to grow on me a bit more. I still find myself singing along to them too so idk. Overall I like it though!

That is what I love about Regina: she can give something to everyone. I bet if we check back a year from now it will have switched again - you'll be listening to The Light and Obsolete and I'll be completely immersed in Trapper and Grand Hotel  :)

It's true! Regina said this in an interview recently and I feel like it captures how a lot of people digest her music, and music in general, perfectly:

“To me it’s a very breathing, living thing that someone invites into their house, kind of like a pet, and they can interact with the record when they’re in different moods, or different times of their lives. Maybe for months they can skip over one song as soon as it starts – something about it just annoys them – and then one day, when the time is right, that song just becomes the exact thing they need, and all of a sudden they’re like, ‘Wow, I never used to like this and now I love it.’

Another song they used to really like, maybe they never ever want to hear it again, you know; ‘I’ve taken all the nutrients from it and it’s got nothing left for me.’ I like that. That’s what music is to me, it’s almost like food – like a supplement or something. ”

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor