Sign in to follow this  
qjporun

CSI?

I wish they wouldn't use a beautiful song like Somedays in a shitty show such as CSI...

but I guess, this way maybe more people will get in touch with Regina's music...hopefully...

i watched it...it was o.k. i mean the very end was awesome because of "somedays." it made me look at the song more emotionally. i guess when a song is put to a emotional scene it can change your point of view.

Yeah I thought they picked a perfect spot to use "Somedays" I knew it would be the last song on the show and used in an emotional setting. I thought it was a great choice for that scene though.

Thank you, Shawn! That's the one thing I absolutely hate about music licensing for film and TV. 9 times out of 10, they chop up the song to fit with the edits of the scene.

Another horrid example is Badly Drawn Boy's music in ABOUT A BOY. Sooooo distracting if you really know the songs.

Back to "Somedays" on CSI:NY, though, when I heard they were using that song, I was just praaaaaaaaaying that they'd use the line, "I'm in love with your daughter. I wanna have her baby." Wink Oh well...

That's unfortunately the reality of what the industry can do to. They figure they can hack up a new artists music since the label is doing all they can to gain them exposure. Oh well...

Later Days

Shawn