Sign in to follow this  
Django

Fellow Musicians

Hey Everyone,

I'm sure we have alot of musicians that post on here and I was wondering what different range of instruments everyone plays. I'll start off;

Instruments I play;

-guitar

-piano

-tenor sax

-percussion

These instruments took great dedication to aquire and I hope to learn more. I'm only 19 so I still have lots of time to explore other instruments. I would be interested in hearing others musical accomplishments. Feel free to delight us with your talents.

What's going on Django? I got your message in the shows section there and I'm probably gonna get my brother to get me a ticket(found out he's going to the show too.) But we should hook up and grab a beer or something, lemme know.

oh ya

btw...

Bass(My life)

Guitar

Piano

Haha, sorry if I came off as being conceited but learning those instruments did not come easy and my intent for learning them was not for gloating purposes. I started getting into music when I was 5 and luckily I stuck with it; mainly cause I'm stubborn but whatever works right? Hey Carbo! I'm glad your getting a ticket and we'll definately have to meet up for a beer. I'll be the one wearing the Django nametag, haha no, we'll have to figure a way to meet. Do you have MSN messenger?; otherwise if u have any ideas write back.

,cya

Guest Fabnana

Violin (Favourite)

Guitar

Bass

Piano

Harmonica (must get a new one, my F has just imploded on me)

Would like to start the viola and cello soon Smiler

Guest Fabnana

quote:
Originally posted by Django:

Thats impressive Fabnana keep it up. The cello would be cool to learn too.

I have been listening to a lot of Regina and Bjork recently and that is what inspired me to try it, just the way they use it is mind-blowing and so beautiful, I just fell in love with it Smiler

I can play the jew's harp. I give it the occasional bluesy twang, and envisage baying crowds. That's right: baying. I'm not particularly good.

It's great for accompanying the works of Ennio Morricone, and Leonard Cohen, mind.

There was a guy, used to busk in Leicester Square tube, who blew tunes through a traffic cone. We're not talking profoundly unamusing student-style japery, here; this guy had the breath control of your boppenest be-bopper. His rendition of Dizzie Gillespie's 'Salt Peanuts' was very salty, indeed. Wink

Hey Elsheepo,

Its good to see somebody else know's who Django Reinhardt is. He's my favourite guitarist. The things he can do with only two working digits on his playing hand astounds me beyond belief. Do you play any Gypsy Swing?