Sign in to follow this  
Hail2TheThief

the strokes

The Strokes tour kicked off last night in Philadelphia and Regina was wonderful! Wow--I enjoyed her performance more than the rest of the show. She was sooo shy taking the stage, smiling meekly and saying Hi to the few people within range. (I'd lucked into second row center seats so I could hear.) But once she took the microphone there was no hint of jitters. She was flawless vocally and instrumentally, and only made one booboo, when she accidentally whacked the microphone with her drumstick during "Poor Little Rich Boy." But it worked! I'd never heard Regina before so every note was an unexpected pleasure. I love the richness of her voice, the intelligence of her lyrics, the passion in every note and word. Bless the Strokes for choosing Regina, because she deserves to be widely known. I'm excited because I was there for the first show and know this tour will lead to great things for her. (I feel like a stem cell! I do have important radio connections.)

now that i read what i just wrote, im kinda scared of myself...i did see them both live...on the 29th with my mum and on the 30th with my boyfriend and his bestfriends at madison square garden...i didnt pass out from all the audio stimulation, but i did cry when the strokes played their first song on the 29th...shock isnt the right word for it, but its the first one that comes to mind...but what really fucked my head up is that i suggested a duet with julian and regina...and then i heard it..and reading this creeped me out...rereading what i wrote creeped me out..i know that it was probably bound to happen, but it still scared me...i loved the song they did...fucking brilliant!