Sign in to follow this  
borderlinecalm

Dear Regina! (a plea from a Canadian boy)

Vancouver... haven't gone there yet, but will definately try to... as i sit here back home totaly sicky, having been on the road for a couple of months now, i can't imagine another tour.... but i know that after feeling all better, and running around NY for a couple of months i'll be traveling somewhere again- and i will try to go to Canada this time... Thank you so much for your kind words, and definately let me hear the cover- that's real cool.... all the bast, reg

Regina it has been 2 years since your reply, Western Canada is patiently waiting for you! Please please come to Vancouver, or better yet for me, Calgay, Alberta Wink.

I missed your last show in NYC by 2 days when I went, and I have been kicking myself ever since Frowner

Seriously, Regina would have a very strong fan base in Vancouver. I've reccomended to other fans out West that they attempt to hold their own concert. Like I told them, I will tell you:

Find a venue, estimate how much it would cost to rent, what ticket prices would have to be to make a profit (or at least break even) establish how much sound equipment rentals and advertising would cost, budget about $10,000 to bring in Regina and write all this in a financial proposal and send it to Marsha Vlassic, Regina's tour manager, for consideration: marsha@mvoltd.com If you know anyone in concert promotion, you should talk to them and try to get a grasp on industry expectations and what to expect. (Marsha is very busy and doesn't have time to explain everything to you). I'd even suggest calling her office and explaining your situation to her assistants, they might take pity on you. If you want help organizing it, let me know. I think if we all pitched in as a team, we could do it...Imagine, a concert fully run by Regina fans! How amazing would that be?

That sounds kind of like how people managed to get Regina to come all the way over to Indiana on her last tour. The music group here or something organized fundraisers, called Regina's people, etc., to get her to come and play at the theatre here, and it was awesome.