Sign in to follow this  
lambchop

Glasgow Barfly

Does anyone have copies of the new songs? I have some live bootlegs but the quality isn't great. I'd like Ezra Pound (which she also played at the Barfly and it was great) and Blue Lips.

I hope she plays somewhere else next time, the Barfly isn't great for sound. She seemed to have trouble with the sound onstage too...not that we could tell from her playing.

If someone can get me some recordings, contact me on thethirdway@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by lambchop:

quote:
lamchop is that you?

It's swirly!

The one and only!! Hiya doll, didn't I TELL you Regina was fab!!! Glad you enjoyed the gig me dear. I can't believe you were there! Where were you standing? I was beside the right pillar, on the left hand side of it. If that makes sense.

*laughs*

I was at the left hand pillar on the right side of it!

Wearing a wee black tee with hugely long jeans and odd wedge shoes I couldn't walk in Wink

Did you buy anything at the end? What do you look like?!

No way!! Hmm, I don't remember seeing you. You've got red hair, right?

I was the burd with the blonde curly hair, with the tall guy with longish black hair.

I had a nosy at the merch stall afterwards, but they were out of buttons, and I've already got the albums. And I didn't fancy a t-shirt. I think I'll make my own!

Did you buy anything? Did you get Songs? I can't believe you were there!! Any more Glasgow gigs coming up missus?

wow, she was so amazing. this was my first time seeing her, and she was great.

i was the guy standing against the left hand pillar, with the beard and wearing the black bandana.

i got regina to sign my CD, and i told her that she is my second all time favourite artist, amanda palmer being the first.

i also said "you too" to her, when she was telling the crowd to have a great summer and stuff.

my dad said "sounds good too me" when she wa talking about her sound being off.

the crowd was very well behaved, i doubt they would have been so well behaved had she played king tuts!

i alos talked to the support guy, who was great, and got some of his CDs.

lambchop, i think i remember seeing you, not sure about swirly though.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosskel:

Does anyone have copies of the new songs? I have some live bootlegs but the quality isn't great. I'd like Ezra Pound (which she also played at the Barfly and it was great) and Blue Lips.

I hope she plays somewhere else next time, the Barfly isn't great for sound. She seemed to have trouble with the sound onstage too...not that we could tell from her playing.

If someone can get me some recordings, contact me on thethirdway@hotmail.com

Thanks.

Smiler

Hello I would recommend downloading both the Boston and Seattle shows they were both have fantastic sound quality, and have a good assortment of Regina's unreleased music, the Boston show has both "Blue Lips" and "Ezra Pound" and both threads have links for people hosting just the mp3's.

So you were right at the front. Was your dad sitting down? If so saw you!

I'm only about 5 feet, teeny Wink

Was standing with a blonde lass who was wee bit smaller than me. I was about one person behind you, maybe slightly to your right as you face the stage...

lamby I have le CDs. She is my new obsession Big Grin

I bought a tee but to wear to bed! But no speaking to her as I'm too shy. She was in the 13th Note earlier when I was having a drink there...

quote:
Originally posted by RogueDeathangel:

wow, she was so amazing. this was my first time seeing her, and she was great.

i was the guy standing against the left hand pillar, with the beard and wearing the black bandana.

i got regina to sign my CD, and i told her that she is my second all time favourite artist, amanda palmer being the first.

i also said "you too" to her, when she was telling the crowd to have a great summer and stuff.

my dad said "sounds good too me" when she wa talking about her sound being off.

the crowd was very well behaved, i doubt they would have been so well behaved had she played king tuts!

i alos talked to the support guy, who was great, and got some of his CDs.

lambchop, i think i remember seeing you, not sure about swirly though.

yes, my father was sitting down. i believe i remember you, swirly.

me and my dad got there really early to secure our seats. we defended them fiercely!!!

what did you guys think of the support?

i thought he was very good. i got two of his CDs, and i talked to him before and after he played.

he told us he was hitting on regina . lol.

wonder if he got lucky? </joke>

i wish she had played "den of thieves". its my second favourite song, with my first favourite being ghost of corporate future. i went ballistic when she played that.

i also wish the dresden dolls would play here!

oh well.

regina was much better than the last gig i saw, which was adam green at king tuts.

Oh god the dresden dolls would be amazing! *prays*

I, um, *shuffles feet* at one point thought I'd have to leave at the support cos I started laughing so much and was having difficulty being quiet *blushes*

He would be ok if his songs weren't all quiet, mumble, mumble, SHOUT SHOUT SHOUT, quiet mumble mumble...

I am so fussy tho... lamchop knows me from the Ed Harcourt boards and I don't like anything Razzer

Den of Thieves? Us?

I kind of wanted Oedipus as I'm becoming obsessed with that one!

quote:

Oh, I remember seeing you, yeah. Have you seen Miss Reggie before?

Swirly, I can't believe you didn't speak to her! She's lovely!! First time I saw her at Barfly she came up and asked me if I was Lambchop, ahaha!

quote:
Originally posted by lambchop:

Oh, I remember seeing you, yeah. Have you seen Miss Reggie before?

QUOTE]

no, this was my first time seeing her.

she was amazing. she was so sweet as well! she was really nice to talk to.