Sign in to follow this  
Django

Stylus Review

I actually think this guy's article serves a good purpose in that it has opened a discussion. I don't agree with his ideas, but I understand that he has them and respect that fact. He doesn't seem to support his opinions, though, and as a reviewer, one would expect him to.

Here's to happier reviews! Big Grin

~Meg~

i agree in part eith blogbourri, judgin by his other reviews, it's not his usual style of writing which would lead me to believe that perhaps he is taking the p*ss just a little, like y'know, oh my gawd....

It's a sloppy, inane piece of writing. It's not parody; it's not rhetoric. It's utterly, utterly banal. This thread should spontaneously combust now, I think. Smiler

thats the oddest review i've ever read.. like you've all said, it has a totally weird writing style thats not clearly satirical or what.. i'm just a bit baffled by it, lol. still (nachos with cocoa) to each his own!

xx

He said the following words out of place this many number of times:

just 6

so 6

like 14

really 6

totally 5

Too much for a 600 word review about nothing.

I can't express how immature and useless this review is. Here are some key moments of absolute stupidity:

"And here's the other thing: she could like really play the piano but you kind of don't notice it when she's singing because, you know, all she ends up giving us are squeaks and snarls every so often. Like, is she trying to be a punk or a folksinger or a classical musician or what?"

"Then there's this Decemberists moment where she sings a song about sailors, but instead of being all adventurous and like old, it's just about this sailor who hates this girl because she kisses but won't really put out which is just so lame. Regina gets them, though, when she makes this joke about huddling with missiles, which is totally about their dicks. It's like these sailors need to just deal and do whatever they need to do with putting it all on this Mary Ann girl. Like the R-rated version of Gilligan or something."

"Does she think she's saying something about life or is she just screwing around on the piano? I mean, really!"

This reviewer REALLY loves to like totally dissect things and stuff. OMG, everyone! She used the word kitsch and it like is just completely not up in here.

Anyone who uses "OMG" while trying to be professional obviously has an ego. Hmm... a fan-mail. Wow...

if he thinks regina "could like really play the piano" I think he could like really learn a lot of new words and finally learns to write instead of repeat like like or what? really really...no wonder on that site there is this write"we are looking for new writers" they should right" to make a change, we are looking for decent writer"

That was the most pathetic, poorly written review I've ever read in my life. Wow. I've never seen a "writer" write 'like' every 2 sentences. And this person obviously didn't do his research. Carbon Monoxide is one of very very few that talk about death. I mean...is this guy on drugs?