Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

If Regina would ever do a cover song.....

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

quote:
Originally posted by Streetlight:

quote:
Originally posted by BitsOfBone:

Half Jack by the Dresden Dolls.

I came in here to say something by the Dresden Dolls Big Grin Half Jack would be a good choice.

with anders on drums? Cool

YES! I thought immediately after I posted, 'she will need drums'.

quote:
Originally posted by Suih:

Actually i don't think Regina has the right attitude for Dresden Dolls songs Red Face

I beg to differ. reg could take any song and put her spin on it. That would be like saying Amanda doesn't have the right attitude for reg covers, yet she does them. They're different, no doubt, just as a reg cover a DD song would be different.

I think in both cases it depends on the song.

I think Regina would make the lyrics in Half Jack really really powerful, they are already in the original (very emotional) but Regina has a way of doing it like no other. In a unique 'jesus, you're ripping my heart apart' sort of way.

If were to choose a Regina song for Amanda to cover it might be Mary Ann. hahaha

regina could pull anything off :P

if amanda were to cover another reg song i'd love it to be Pound of Flesh.

if regina were to cover a Dresden Dolls song i'd like it to be Coin-Operated Boy.

Well...it would probably work with Coin-Operated boy. But Half Jack is just so powerful and perfect how Amanda does it that i don't want it in any other way. I don't think that could get any better.

Most of the Dresden Dolls songs are kinda angry and punky and Regina is so nice and full of hope. I mean...could you imagine Regina doing "Backstabber" or "Girl Anachronism"?

But there are also some Reg songs that i wouldn't want Amanda to cover. All those nice songs like "Mermaid" or "The noise" or "Samson" or almost every song *haha*

Mary-Ann or Pound of Flesh would be perfect for Amanda though...

I think Regina should cover "No surprises" or "Karma Police" by Radiohead ^^