Sign in to follow this  
insideAbubble

This is probably a very stupid question...

Tooots,

My mum used to give me the tough eye if I even mentioned Earl Grey with milk!! She said it should be without milk, weak (or it gets bitter) with a little lemon juice and sugar to taste if required. As her family were tea planters in India, I assumed, possibly foolishly that she knew what she was talking about. As for Chai, I never quite got that. Chai is Hindi (I think) for tea. So Chai is just a tea called, er, tea!

I do like soup, but my favoured food is chocolate. 70% cocoa solids chocolate, but at least 60%. NEVER milk chocolate which is chocolate-flavoured fats and sugars and is bleah! When they do a chocolate and champagne soup tho' I'll be there! Until then I like Scotch broth, leek and potato, chicken and veg and most other soups.

quote:
Originally posted by submergedcalamity:

I agree about the soup thing. I'm thirteen and I appreciate all kinds of music. I believe you have to open-minded. I like tea though. Smiler

Looks like there's another young one! Heyas Christina, I'm 12. Tea is amazing. And music is well, I'm here right? This is all about music! Music=♥ Soup is good but, I can't resist the urge to quote Seinfeld! So I will: "No soup for you! You come back, one year!" There. I said it. We all knew it was bound to happen in this forum one day. Or at least I had a hunch, but you know me...

I'm a tea obsessive. I have different teas for different times in the day.

Green tea in the morning because it's very cleansing and refreshing and good.

Normal tea in the mid-afternoon, because..you have to have a nice cuppa when you come in.

Camomile and Spiced Apple for the evening time, It's SO nice. Everyone in England (I don't know if it's about in America, American guys and dolls) get it! It is Twinings Classic Camomile infusions. Just sit around smelling it, it's divine.

And I drink Peppermint throughout the day to keep me awake and aware.

Mmm..tea..and soup..I could live purely off liquids.

Just a little tidbit from one tea lover to others...

There is absolutely no difference in health benefits from green tea vs. black/red tea. Or even white tea for that matter (which is essentially green tea as well). So long as you aren't adding any florals, herbs, flavourings, or other additives of course - the differences are in colour only.

As you were... sorry for the interjection.

Yay for soup. Yay for Regina's Soup song. (yay for the collateral topic of tea).

LOL..this thread was really brought back from the dead......

Tazo had a flavor of tea that they discontinued that i used to really love....dang i even forget the name now.........Tazo passion tea is also very tasty.

I persoanlly am a smoothie guy. I love trying different fruit smoothies from resteraunts and such....as well as making my own.

i still think that i can make a better smoothie than most commercial operations.

I hate when i buy a smoothie and it is from a pre made mix.....only real fresh/frozen fruit

Oddly enough I've never tried tea or coffee in my life. When I was younger I used to think I was drinking cappuccino, but years later found out my uncle was just giving me milk with a bit of sugar partially frothed in a cappuccino machine. Sneaky bastard haha, I was wondering why I was always so sleepy afterwards. But no experiences with tea real or fake.

I have a love-hate relationship with soup, but can always count on it when I'm sick or really cold. Lentil, Leek and Potato soup is delicious.

I love smoothies but only if I can make it myself. Last time I bought one from a place actually named "Smoothie" but apparently selling only that one item and naming your store after it doesn't mean you can actually make one.

Alright I'm done.

quote:
Originally posted by Django:

Oddly enough I've never tried tea or coffee in my life. When I was younger I used to think I was drinking cappuccino, but years later found out my uncle was just giving me milk with a bit of sugar partially frothed in a cappuccino machine. Sneaky bastard haha, I was wondering why I was always so sleepy afterwards. But no experiences with tea real or fake.

Wow. That's amazing, no tea or coffee? An acheviement, for sure!

"There is absolutely no difference in health benefits from green tea vs. black/red tea."

Really? But what about all the anti-oxidants? And all the metabolism speeding up?

quote:
"There is absolutely no difference in health benefits from green tea vs. black/red tea."

Really? But what about all the anti-oxidants? And all the metabolism speeding up?

yeah the FDA recently put out a statement debunking many of the health advantages associated with Green tea.

Article on FDA

basically there HAS been tons of research correlating tea drinking with a healthy lifestyle, disease/disorder prevention, and various other pros, (chinese poets have been drinking it for thousands of years, so it must be healthy...stuff like that) but the FDA concluded that there is no concrete evidence to support any of its health benefits.

Healthy or not...a hot cup of tea with some shortbread cookies before bed it my favorite way to relax, So it's not curing my arthriteis, as long as I think it is, I am happy.