Sign in to follow this  
insideAbubble

This is probably a very stupid question...

Ok so I may be new to all this but i'm really digging this soup thing.

the worlds got a nosebleed

and the FDA's solution is a band aid.

They can kiss my ass,

which came first Green Tea or Vicodan?

'this is not dying...

...this is shining'.

Eats,Soups,And Leaves.

i was totally reading about it the other day and i'm going to go there very soon. woah, the last time i posted here was like a year ago or something.

quote:
Originally posted by withakay:

Shawn,

When you're in NYC - you should stop by Moby's TEANY, on Rivington. Every type of tea imaginable!! Smiler

Maybe one day Regina will open up a SOUPNY. hahaha.

quote:
Originally posted by stwongbad85:

yeah the FDA recently put out a statement debunking many of the health advantages associated with Green tea.

Article on FDA

basically there HAS been tons of research correlating tea drinking with a healthy lifestyle, disease/disorder prevention, and various other pros, (chinese poets have been drinking it for thousands of years, so it must be healthy...stuff like that) but the FDA concluded that there is no concrete evidence to support any of its health benefits.

Jesus, I've been conned! Aww..Well, it made my skin look lovely. Maybe that was some placebo affect or something.

...I'll still drink it, it tastes just like normal tea but you don't have to bother getting out the milk.

quote:
Originally posted by insideAbubble:

...but I'm a very stupid person, so I'll just have to ask! Big Grin What is it with Regina and soup? am I missing something? Plus, will I get banned if I say I hate soup?

I accidently posted this somewhere else. So I'll try again. Perhaps you don't understand the history in her songs to understand the inherited necessity of soup? ...perhaps??? Wink

Does anyone else make a mint tea? I grow my own plants and I like to blend a mostly candy mint with spearmint in about 80:15 ratio. The other 5% is usually Wood Sorrel (a little wild clover-looking plant with heart shaped leaves, tastes lemony).

I put some in a glass jar and brought it with me to college and my roommate thought I was a really open pot-head for a while!

quote:
Originally posted by Jackrabbit:

What would happen if you used tea as soup broth?

Would it cure cancer and the common cold?

Discuss.

I love how this went from soup to tea... I am a lover of soup and hot tea myself.

as for the quote, I bet if you threw some broccoli into the tea/soup mix, it would cure cancer. maybe if you tossed in a couple advils, it'd cure the cold too!

I love soup. I love tea. I often have soup with tea though I often have tea without soup. I'm currently on a darjeeling kick. With half a tea spoon of sugar and a bit of milk. I like chammomile in the evening if I don't have to stay up until all hours of the night. If I have to stay up, then it's a toss up between darjeeling and coffee.

I don't like fruit teas really. But I do love chai. I like it plain but I must at admit that I much prefer it as a latte.

And as for soup and lady spektor, I thought I read somewhere that when she was younger she kinda revolted against soup but rediscovered it later... or I could have made that up. Actually I probably did.

**Edit- I didn't make it up! I read it again. In the Handbook of Soviet Kitsch under the reginapolis part. It's red and is two pages long. It's an interesting article.