Sign in to follow this  
insideAbubble

This is probably a very stupid question...

Soup recipes

We love soup. Soup makes us feel good!

now,that should answer the question.pardon me for stating the obvious.has anyone ever had tea-leaf soup? it's very easy to make,you measure out one spoon of tea-leaves for every person having soup and another spoonfull and add them to a pot and pour just boiled(not boiling,but very hot) water over the leaves,sit back and chill out for 2-7mins and then enjoy the soup.the most popular condiments for tea-leaf soup are milk,sugar,honey and lemon,but all these are a matter of personal preference. Wink

I like rooibos and peppermint teas. They are like listening to a lullaby.

I think tea is best when it's plain, and you can taste the subtle flavours.

But then again, soup is also good. I love making a soup where I can throw anything in it I want, and still get to keep all the nutrients and good stuff.

I love Italian Wedding soup. I eat it in a very OCD way though. I eat the spinach leaves off the top of the broth, then i try and get out all the little round pastas, then I drink the broth, then I eat the meatballs. I used to eat chex-mix like that too. Also, I can make homemade clam chowder- to die for. But I pretty much only make it for christmas eve.

There's not a kind of tea I don't like- chai is great, rooibos is AMAZING, peppermint is refreshing and I love smelling it, ginger helps with a stomach ache and also I like it with a sore throat or just for the spice...

I tried black tea but it was a little strong,

and of course, Iced sweet tea!

Returning to the thread's question, the last article at the very end of The Survival Guide to Soviet Kitsch told us a lot about Regina's connection with soup.

quote:
I'm a huge soup fan, yeah, I've a full blown commitment to soup

-Regina Spektor

Here's part of the article:

"During my teenage years I rebelled against soup," she revealed, "and now, when I think about it, I wish someone had told me to enjoy it. But I would come home and be like,'No, not soup again! I want pizza and hot dogs! That's what my American friends eat for dinner! I want take out Chinese food!' And my mom, who had cooked anything from scratch, would wonder, 'What, what's happening to my child?' "

She even acknowledged this section of the forum:

"And the soup recipes people post up on your website, have you ever made any of them?" the interviewer asked in an innocently playful and not at all devil's advocate manner. "You know what? Yeah, I made, I made..." she stumbled "You're lying, aren't you?" he challenged. "Yes I am!" Regina Spektor then laughed into disintegration. "But I feel like I made it because just yesterday my upstairs neighbor and I were talking about making something... Fuck you! That's it! I'm storming out!"

So adorable. But this means she knows that this section exists, and I think we should keep adding more recipes just to keep it alive.