Sign in to follow this  
Candice

may i just say, i love soup

I can't remember ever getting sick from eating soup... quite the contrary, it often relieves all that ails ya. Best chicken noodle done easy, the Wylers stuff, with or without added chicken. My ex used to boil left over chicken in a crock pot then add the Wylers and I swear you could never tell the difference from your Jewish mothers' finest (or in my case, a Jewish friends' mothers').

quote:
Originally posted by Eileen:

simply wanted to add that i actually had a shrine to soup and regina SEPARATELY and screamed when i saw this forum. I'm so thrilled that there are others who share my love of soup...though i'm a bit of a traditionalist and my favorite kind is chicken noodle. Smiler im so happy there are more soup fans...and regina spektor is one of them! though i realize pickles are just pickles...

while i've yet to ever have a penguin day, i hope that i do very soon. it sounds just a little bit like a great kinda day to have. perhaps while trying some of these soup recipes i will experience a true feeling of a penguin day?

I was recently at a Baxter's soup shop in the nice wee town of Blackford. Ironically while the many varied soups they sold in the shop were as excellent and tasty as they've ever been, the soup they served in the restaurant wasn't particularly good.

Still...soup.

I just had some oral surgery done, and haven't really been able to chew food so I've been eating a lot of soup lately. My first dinner after the surgery was won ton soup from China Star [so delicioussssssssssss], the next night mama made some comforting borscht, then I had Italian wedding soup for lunch, and chicken w/ wild rice for dinner. Today I had ramen and tonight I have a can of minestrone from Progresso. I normally not one for canned soups [normally they're nasty] but Progresso isn't bad. Alright. Done Smiler