Sign in to follow this  
karmapolice

Keane Fan Rudeness

I keep hearing about Keane fans being rude and disrespectful to Regina. But I also heard Regina told them off. In a very classic way, she snuck "Fuck you" into a song. I love it. I hope Regina doesn't get anymore shit from Keane fans. As Keane is, basically, shit.

Yeah, its never an enjoyable experience when you have a closed-minded audience. I'm not very fond of Keane's music either, but in their defence, you can't choose your audience, so I'm sure they aren't condoning such behaviour, they seem to be alright, personality wise. Believe me I'm not getting all high and mighty on you, I have said my fair share of negative comments towards Keane but I just had another outlook on it. Regardless of my ramblings, I like your pro-Regina attitude so keep it up. Also, I love your name, I'm a huge Radiohead fan. Ever see them live?

My sister is Keane obsessed and dragged me along to their concert a few months ago. They are really nice, cool guys and their music is not too bad. It makes me angry that their fans were mean to Regina but Keane is on VH1 like every 20 minutes so I guess they only like popular music? I don't know, but I just wanted to say that I don't think Keane is that terrible and they are really cool guys. Smiler

I was at the june 8th concert w/ keane and the killers, ect. and all the keane fans were booing and saying "who;s this chick in the sailor outfit she's so retarted looking." I was getting so pissed. I wanted to hear regina, not some stuck up bitches whine!

That's awesome, they always put on a really good show; Haha, Thom must of really been rockin' out to break a string, he usually plays the more mellow acoustic parts in their songs. The first time I saw them, my brother took me and this was way back when they were opening for the Beastie Boys. I was fairly young but it still had an impact on me. Then I saw them not to long ago in Toronto, and I was lucky to find out that two days after that show, Thom was going to be doing a solo acoustic set in one of the local bars in Detroit so I went and saw that and it was really cool. He played a couple of their songs and then he was doing a lot of covers of different bands. My favourite was his cover of Tim Buckley's "Sing a Song for You". They seem to only tour in Europe now so its hard to see them live anymore. I don't know if you've ever been to this site but it has a lot of their music videos. Check it out. http://www.capitolrecords.com/artists/videos.aspx?artistID=905698

Submergedcalamiy; Well said and lucky for you, if you do get to go to one of the Regina/Keane shows you'll be getting the full experience since you like both artists.

Pianogirl thats hilarious, as soon as they started booing you should of knocked some sense into them, one upity bitch at a time. I think it's safe to say that after this small tour, Regina will never tour with Keane again.

Submergedcalamity-I don't doubt that they could be nice guys. But I really, really don't like their music. And there is no reason to be rude to an opening act.

Django-The gig I went to was webcast. My little sister watched it because she couldn't go. I do believe Thom broke his string during Paranoid Android. He quickly got his back up. Idoteque was amazing. Okay, enough of that.

I went to the Boston concert and people were so disrespectful. Thankfully, no one yelled out anything to Regina, but she was the first act and hardly anyone was there except her fans and some Keane fans who were talking loudly -- to each other and on cell phones. Everyone was getting up and walking through the aisle. The Pavilion is also outside so there were a lot of distractions. Plus -- they didn't even announce her with different lights or anything. Of course, Regina was a-mazing Smiler. I'm glad she told off that guy -- I downloaded that clip last night and I forgot to listen to it -- I totally will when I get home, though.

Here's hoping Keane fans will be nicer!

~Meg~

regina

just stay here in New York and play for us in small gigs where everybody loves you

and all you fans out there could come to NYC and see her

the Keane fans scared the shit out of me at radio city music hall

keane seemed to be factory made rock stars

but to each their own, they were not as weird as their (or some of their) fans