Sign in to follow this  
karmapolice

Keane Fan Rudeness

quote:
Originally posted by Keane:

You people are hilarious. You talk about how much Keane sucks. Are you even listening to that crap that you love. I can't believe what I heard in Orlando yesterday. Then I found out she has a record contract. WTF? This woman gives music a bad name.

Keane is depressing? And Regina's not? Amazing.

If Regina sees this, I hope that was your last trip to Florida. Stay up in NYC with all your crappy fans. There aren't any down here.

Hello, "Keane"...if that IS your real name!

So let me get this straight; you went to Regina Spektor's website, whose music you hate, went on to her forum, registered your profile, waited for the email-reply, confirmed it...to write that she sucks?

Wow, that's like buying season tickets to the Red Sox just so you can scream "Yankees rule!" and then run out of the stadium...

Well done, sir. Well done.

Actually, Keane is really good. They get some crap from the music press for being "Coldplay light", but I think that's pretty unfair. I really wanted to see them in Dallas last year, especially when I heard that Regina was opening for them, but it was not to be. I heard that some of their fans were pretty rude to Regina on stage, but I also had some a-hole behind me at Coldplay yacking on his cell phone through Fiona's entire set. Even the most decent compassionate bands have some stupid "fans". Hell, I heard from my brother-in-law that fans at the U2 concert were yelling the N word at Damien Marley. At a U2 concert? Jeez.......

People are douches. End of story.

They are only interested in the band they are going to see, not the opener. I was so ticked when people were acting stupid towards Rilo Kiley in a Coldplay concert a year and some ago.

I'm not a fan of Keane, but the band should not be held accountable for their fans. (And my! This thread is from the 1800's!)

as an aside: this thread inspired me to make a new discussion about rudeness in general (in the Rants forum)

Dan the Man: what is the N word? n*****? If that's what you meant, that's brutal. Uncalled for hate is the worst humanity has to offer.

I'm not a U2 fan by any stretch, but they are the definition of mainstream (obvs) and to me that says "assholes in the audience". The larger the crowd, the more uncivilised the crowd. End of.

quote:
Originally posted by Death Monkey:

quote:
Originally posted by Keane:

You people are hilarious. You talk about how much Keane sucks. Are you even listening to that crap that you love. I can't believe what I heard in Orlando yesterday. Then I found out she has a record contract. WTF? This woman gives music a bad name.

Keane is depressing? And Regina's not? Amazing.

If Regina sees this, I hope that was your last trip to Florida. Stay up in NYC with all your crappy fans. There aren't any down here.

Hello, "Keane"...if that IS your real name!

So let me get this straight; you went to Regina Spektor's website, whose music you hate, went on to her forum, registered your profile, waited for the email-reply, confirmed it...to write that she sucks?

Wow, that's like buying season tickets to the Red Sox just so you can scream "Yankees rule!" and then run out of the stadium...

Well done, sir. Well done.

CoolWell said DM..

deliah said "regina

just stay here in New York and play for us in small gigs where everybody loves you

and all you fans out there could come to NYC and see her"

not to pick a fight.... but i dont think this post is very fair..... us people who are far away from NYC and can't go there really like regina too...and this would break my heart....eventually i would definetly make a trip to see the wonders of NYC regina being one...but DONT ENCOURAGE HER to single out fans.! we already know she likes new york best! dont rub it iN! haha....

and to be stubburn this wouldnt be a very good buisness sheme.....

but i agree wth you on the keane thing...

what exactly happened when she toured with keane..were thier fans just being assholes or were they at the level of actual booing and throwing?

people just don't want to love or be positive...they don't realize that more can be accomplished through cooperation...it is trully terrible...I am glad that she stood up for herself!

It's shocking how most people are rude to the support-act at almost any show by a band that has broken into the mainstream. Example: I've been to some Red Hot Chili Peppers gigs (that's stadiumstuff) and only one of 3 support-acts was received with a positive attitude: The Roots. Frank Black and the Chicks on Speed where thrown stuff at and booed their entire sets...

even my friends, which I consider quite open-minded people when it comes to music show disrespect to support-acts. I find it disappointing. I can't understand people's impatience and close-mindedness at concerts, it fills me with a sense of contempt as deep as the grand canyon.