Sign in to follow this  
karmapolice

Keane Fan Rudeness

Seeing as this thread is beginning to stray off-topic, I'm gonna add to it anyway. I've only experienced hostility to an opening band at just one concert, when Babes In Toyland opened for Faith No More back in the early 90's. Honestly, they were horrible, and not even in a good "punk" way either, just plain bad. They looked bad, sounded bad, maybe drunk or high cause the drummer couldn't even keep time. About 2-3 songs into thier set the croud started chanting "Faith No More" over and over, louder and louder, til it almost drowned out the band. Finally, the lead singer/guitarist stops playing, grabs the mic stand, yells "F*%# you Tulsa, you suck, spits at the crowd, lets her guitar fall to the stage, the band collectively gave the crowd the finger, then exited stage left. At first I was shocked by the whole thing, but they stunk up the place so bad I didn't care.

Faith No More put on a killer show, it was wild. I was mixing it up in the pit, got kicked in the head, and had a lit cigarette jammed up my nose! It burnt the hell out of me! Ahh, those were the days............

I have a borderline incident to report here. I haven't been to latest Regina Shows in Tel-Aviv, but all the major newspapers report the following:

The audience was very excited and clapped even in the middle of the songs sometimes. Moreover, the audience sang to her songs without invitation - pretty loud! (You know, usually Regina asks the audience to sing along at the Encore or by the end of the show - well they never waited for invitation.)

And finally, while Regina was singing Samson, this girl sneakes on the stage and pushes her camera into Regina's face in the distance of half a meter!!!!! Regina was shocked, stopped singing and laughted, then continued, then stopped again and said: "This is the first time anybody ever stuck up on me. I will never close my eyes again. That's very weired".

Keeps me wondering: Is is great love or mere fan rudeness?

i think that this borders rudeness, but you couldn't be that mad because it wasnt intended to be rude. the only thing is it just kills the vibe regina might have while playing. it would be really annoying to have an audience clap right in the middle of a song. and the audience sang REALLY loud, i would be upset as a fan becuase i wonder if you could hear regina very well. anyways, it is hard to put myself in their place because i would completely freak if i was within sight of regina.! so this is just one of those things preformers have to tolerate, during beatlemania, the beatles couldn't hear themselves play over the rar of the croud, so they just stopped playing and faked. haha i love that story, i hope reginas fans quiet a little and read the rules of curtious audience practices, if there is such list.

quote:
Originally posted by Marry Ann:

I have a borderline incident to report here. I haven't been to latest Regina Shows in Tel-Aviv, but all the major newspapers report the following:

The audience was very excited and clapped even in the middle of the songs sometimes. Moreover, the audience sang to her songs without invitation - pretty loud! (You know, usually Regina asks the audience to sing along at the Encore or by the end of the show - well they never waited for invitation.)

And finally, while Regina was singing Samson, this girl sneakes on the stage and pushes her camera into Regina's face in the distance of half a meter!!!!! Regina was shocked, stopped singing and laughted, then continued, then stopped again and said: "This is the first time anybody ever stuck up on me. I will never close my eyes again. That's very weired".

Keeps me wondering: Is is great love or mere fan rudeness?

People often speculate on this forum if regina will ever change. Will fame go to her head etc. That type of behavior, while it won't go to her head, may cause her to shut down a bit for her own personal safety. She managed to lighten up the situation but I'd bet it had an impact on her somehow. Mad

quote:
People often speculate on this forum if regina will ever change. Will fame go to her head etc. That type of behavior, while it won't go to her head, may cause her to shut down a bit for her own personal safety. She managed to lighten up the situation but I'd bet it had an impact on her somehow.

Good point! Although, she could go Iggy Pop-y and invite the crowd to the stage! Razzer

Oh, yeah, about the video, I laughed so much! It was really bizzare. lol But I think Regina handled it very well.

I realize I'm way late and about 5 topics behind with this response, but this pr!ck "Keane" says Regina should stay in NY?

I'm hurt that she has no dates in Florida this year and worried that, like a lot of northeastern intellectuals, she is less than impressed with the sunshine state.

I love Florida and would never wish to live elsewhere, but I'm also as big a fan of Regina's as could be in a short period of time and would hate to think all ya'll out there think we're as big of as*holes as this jerk.

COME BACK, REGINA, COME BACK !!