Sign in to follow this  
submergedcalamity

Whis is this Fiona Apple?

i love the song 'shadowboxer.' i learned how to play it (or, something similar to it) on guitar, and i don't really play guitar so it doesn't sound SO great but i love it.

p.s. when a 14 year old asks who fiona apple is it makes me feel OLD ( i saw your post on the 'demographics' thread, submergedcalamity )

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Fiona. "Criminal" was so sensational and successful. 1997, I believe?

It wasn't until I heard "Extraordinary Machine" that I realized Regina and Fiona had a similar emotional tone in their voice. I really dig that.

Guys Guys about the whole who do u like better? Regina or Fiona............i mean C'mon!! its like comparing Apples and Oranges here. Fionna (Apples), and Regina (Oranges)....Apples are good....personally ive always liked Oranges waaaaayyy better. I dont know what it is , but oranges always make me feel realy really warm inside. Cant explain it.

Dude you guys are nuts... not at all in a bad way, just crazy. I love both Fiona and Regina, and yeah I like Regina a lot more but whatever, they're both really good musicians and songwriters.

To Les Bicentenaires, I've wanted to hear that song forever. I love the song "Across the Universe" and have tried to find different peoples' versions of it - the Beatles' original version(s), Rufus Wainwright's version, and I've always known Fiona did a cover but couldn't find it. I'm partial to Rufus's version since it's the first I heard the song, but the Beatles did a wonderful job, and I'm assuming Fiona did too. I'd love to learn where you got that song from.

Oh, and to everyone who didn't know (although I'd like to think everyone does), her third album did come out like a few weeks ago I believe. If only I had the cash or resources to go get it.

If anyone has a version of "When the Pawn..." with the bonus tracks, especially "Across the Universe," please let me know.

WHO is fiona apple???

my!!!!! how u ask such questions!!!! fiona is a GOD! I personally am a bigger fiona fan....i've been into her for years whereas regina i only discovered earlier this year, i instantly thought of apple when i first heard regina but after listening a lot more, they are quite different artists (yet still so similar if u get me?) I think people compare them because if you are into one, the chances are you will be into the other.

It's true they are much the same sort of style yet completely different. They are both great artists. I heard fiona first but I didn't really think "fiona!" when I first heard regina, it wasn't untill someone mantioned the two being simalar when I went "oh yeah..." If you know what I mean.