Sign in to follow this  
smurfette456

Least Favourite song on Soviet Kitch?

I don't think I can name a least favourite song on the album. I have listened to them all in equal number and think all of them have probably been my favourite at some point.

Stuart

quote:
Originally posted by Malin:

I can't belive so many people dislike Your Honor, it's one of my favs! Soviet Kitsch is so well-produced it's hard not to like something, but frankly I find Ode To Divorce a bit boring, Chemo Limo could have made a single instead. That song is my all time favourite - all chatogores.

What are you talking about??? the production is so simple!!

'Your Honor' was the first Regina song i ever heard. I loved it then and i've loved it ever since.

My least favorite song would probaly be 'The Flowers'. Im not quite sure why, maybe because of what its about or the actually tune on the piano, but it just seems to rub me the wrong way.

Still, favorite Reg song ever still has to be Carbon Monoxide, if i were stuck on an island and had to listen to one song for the rest of my life, i think that probaly be it!

I hadn't replied to this thread until now, probably because I really can't think of any song negatively. If it counts, I'll say Poor Little Rich Boy is probably the song that I've skipped over a few times because I wasn't in the mood for it or something.

I like that song though.

As for Your Honor, I love that songg, and I love the fact that Regina is willing to do different styles of songs.

QUESTION: How many people on here only listen to ONE very narrowly defined type of music? I'm willing to bet nodoby. So why then should musicians only be allowed to express themselves in such a predictable way? They shouldn't, and I'm thankful for the ones like Regina that are creative enough to try new things.

STWONGBAD DAVE: Where did you get the Regina only versions of Your Honor? The only live version I have is from Bowery (2005-03-30), and it has a backing band.

Christ, is this very negative and dissapointing thread still being supported (i guess me posting here means it is).

you may skip poor little rich boy, as i often do because it is probably the ONE song you can confidently say has been played at every show since it was written. So every bootleg you have has her playing it. Its one of the first three songs i downloaded by her that made me fall in love. (PLRB, December, and Samson).

Yeah there are a few copies of earlier versions of your honor on just piano that are great. i forget which shows they are on as i am at work, but contact me later when i am at home and i will send them to ya.

- David