Sign in to follow this  
Django

A bit of Magic

I've been trying to avoid listening to Regina lately 'cause I was asked to write a song for an amateur documentary movie a friend of mine was making for his film class and everything I wrote sounded like one of Regina's songs. Though sounding like Regina is not a bad thing I needed something original. I took a break from music all together for a bit and have always dabbled with magic tricks so I just made a quick little video clip, and tried to incorporate a few Spektor orientated things so check it out for some brief entertainment. Also the music in the backround is fairly low, so crank those speakers!

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2OTN4GY9C68083L06S5JDTRMS0

I've been trying to avoid listening to Regina lately 'cause I was asked to write a song for an amateur documentary movie a friend of mine was making for his film class and everything I wrote sounded like one of Regina's songs. Though sounding like Regina is not a bad thing I needed something original. I took a break from music all together for a bit and have always dabbled with magic tricks so I just made a quick little video clip, and tried to incorporate a few Spektor orientated things so check it out for some brief entertainment. Also the music in the backround is fairly low, so crank those speakers!

http://s65.yousendit.com/d.php?id=2OTN4GY9C68083L06S5JDTRMS0

Hey Shawn,

That's weird, it should of lasted longer. It's nothing special but I'll try and upload it again for you. By the way did anyone even download it? I don't think anyone did so I don't know what happened.

The downloads working now. Thanks.... I'll watch it when I get home. (My work computer blocks video from playing)

Later Days

Shawn

I liked it. Honest!!! I just didn't get a chance to reply. How long have you been practicing? I also noticed your guitar happened to placed in the background. What kind of LP is that? Gibson? Epiphone?..

Later Days

Shawn

Haha Thanks. I don't really have a set practice I just fool around with cards when I'm bored. I was given that guitar about a week ago, and the person that owned it had it burried in his basement which was recently flooded, so for the past week I've been fixing it up, and right before I made that video clip I had put a new bridge and pick-ups in and the screw holes were so stripped that the pick-ups kept popping out so I had put a small amount of silica in the holes and had to keep it right by me until it fully sealed. It's set now and plays really well. It's not a Les Paul, its actually a Gibson copy, a Lotus. It's sound gives my Gibson LP some competition so it a very well made copy.