thanks for the heads up

i ordered my tickets too

what fun

i have to confess i've never been to the Irving Plaza

is it first come first served

or just crowd around the stage?

so is there a good time to get there to get close

and is regina the only one on the bill?

i had to leave radio city music hall when that fake british rock band came on after regina

RSVP'ing for Srg and I...We'll be there with drinks in hand, for sure...

Also, this is a CMJ show from what I've been told, so there are likely to be 3 or 4 other artists on the roster and Regina may or may not be the last act.

jenn thanks so much for the info I was wondering if it was part of the CMJ thank god they sold tickets individualy per venu. 145 dollors for a ticket to the cmj I got nervus. haha anyway hope to see you all there.

The CMJ site doesn't list Regina as a part of the marathon, so it's probably her own show. Ignore my misinformation in my earlier post... So it should just be a normal show, which is better, I think...

On another note, the best way to get into CMJ without paying that crap rate is to volunteer, or be clever enough to keep a music blog or something and try to pull off being a "member of the press", Smiler

On the Irving Plaza site, it says Regina Spektor w/ special guests, whatever that means.

Shawn, that's awesome your going to the show, and getting closer to moving to New York, but I would advise against apartment hunting in September for your own sake. Your going to be in competition with thousands of students heading back to school, and the knowledge that there are lots of families with children trying to find appropriate housing tends to send rental prices way up. You might want to head down a bit earlier to beat the rush. Just some friendly advice, Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice Django. I may actually have lucked out with an apartment though. A friend of mine has a lease and found a better apartment...so he needs someone to finish it. Hopefully I didn't jynx it by mentioning it. Are you going to NYC for the show?

Later peeps

Shawn

I thought it was sure I was going...but it had to be on a Thursday! Mad I've gone to concerts on school days before but since I'm starting high school and whatnot my parents feel it's important not to do so much at one time. (or something like that. Confused ) Have a great time whoever's going. You're sooo lucky.