Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Regina Demographics

quote:
Originally posted by abandondrugs:

i'm 28, but i have a massive feeling that the average age went down by probably 2 or 3 years since begin to hope came out cos of its commercial sound. ..... still a bit bitter.. sorry

yeah, i do agree even though i am 13 and have liked her for about 4 or 5 years (but was too young to do anything about it!), but i, to be honest, wasn't that fond of begin to hope and was annoyed when my friends had only heard or liked it!

gr

x

quote:
Originally posted by shobhna_guerin:

I'm 18.

If it makes you feel any better, Begin to Hope is not why I started listening to Regina. My first Regina song was Oedipus. Big Grin BTH was actually the last album I listened to.

same except for my first song was buildings Big Grin

yea i know on that subject...the first i heard was love affair by the way, i really dont like when people find out about regina through me, and i burn them a cd then ask them which ones they liked and they say...oh...um fidelity i liked the most and on the radio...and also better... and im thinking...what about pavlovs daughter or Chemo Limo...the neat cooky ones that i hold so dear?????? wheres the love ?? haha but i totally dig you abandondrugs. i too though BTH was a little commercial.. but if thats what it takes to get regina out there..im sure it brough alot of people to her earlier stuff!

quote:
i really dont like when people find out about regina through me, and i burn them a cd then ask them which ones they liked and they say...oh...um fidelity i liked the most and on the radio...and also better... and im thinking...what about pavlovs daughter or Chemo Limo...the neat cooky ones that i hold so dear??????

Ha! I know exactly what you mean. I just burnt my friend a CD and I'm sure Fidelity, Better and On the Radio will be her favorites. I might be wrong though, cuz, to my surprise, she loved Nellie McKay's "Get away from me", so Regina might have a chance with her too.

I'm 18, turning 19 in 11 days. Upper-middle class white male. Clinically insane.

One of my female friends got me into Regina. She was searching google for Regina pics and I saw the cover of Soviet Kitsch. Incase you haven't noticed, on the cover of Soviet Kitsch Regina looks exactly like Jimmy Page. So I listened to it and it was f*cking brilliant. That was only a month ago at most. I have SK and BTH, and I'm about to order Songs from CDBaby.

Not sure where my friend got Regina from. Coulda been VH1. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm 23... and I think i can say I'm one of very few people in the Netherlands who has (heard) the latest album. I know only 2 other people in my country of who I can say for sure they know Regina... and only one I know as a friend, the other is a Singer/songwriter (female) called Roosbeef (pronounce: Rosebave) who does a few covers of Regina songs.

Hello all! I have been an occasional lurker, but have not been around much recently. I had an intense 'intro to Regina' phase there for a while (I listened to nothing else), laid off for a bit, and have now 'come home' and decided to join after letting the initial hype blow over.

As for the demographics: three-five, male, and one live show in my pocket. =D