Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Regina Demographics

ya, thats awesome!

quote:
Originally posted by jweprich:

Hey NovemberRain!

You like Bjork? Bless you! I discovored bjork when i was 10, im 13 now. soo.... OH u like KT tunstall? Well i just saw her the other week at the egyptian room in indianapolis, and i was the VERY front person in the VERY middle, right in from of the mic. MY arms could actually touch her mic, but the gaurds told me not to do that during the concert!

Isnt that AWESOME?

quote:
Originally posted by nightofme:

I am 42 I actually got my 16 year old duaghter and her friends to like her.

I can relate. I was trying with my daughter for a long time. Then one of her friends started listening. Now I go past my daughters room and hear Regina and just smile to myself because if I said anything it would kill it!

Now I'm working on her mother.....slowly.

That is so cool that you are trying to get your children to listen to Regina...it's just great that as parents,you all have great taste in music and still go to shows. When I was still at home, the only thing I heard from my mom was "Turn that down, it's way too loud" or "You spent how much on a concert ticket?..."Didn't you just go to a show last week?"..."You bought how many shirts and buttons?" lol...it's true; sad but true....

I'm 17, albeit an old 17. I am a classical pianist and have been playing since I was 6. Regina is a genius, and her insight is unparalleled. When I first heard her music-her lyrics, I automatially identified with her. I know that most of her lyrics are fictional, but what she conveys is not. I feel what she feels, and she connects us all.

Hi all, I'm 17 - soon to be 18 next month. I just recently found out about Regina and how awesome she was from a couple of my friends. I cannot get over how amazing her voice is and how creative her songs are.

Since we've gotten a lot more replies now, I'll list what the age distribution is so far. Though, keep in mind that this thread will be biased somewhat towards Spektor fans who are also forumgoers here (i.e., the ones who tend to use the Internet more, and thus a relatively young demographic in itself), and that people who posted early in this thread will be a year or two older by now. Anyway, here are how many people posted here saying that they were each age:

11: 1

12: 2

13: 3

14: 3

15: 3

16: 2

17: 7

18: 5

19: 6

20: 4

21: 3

22: 1

23: 3

24: 3

25: 2

For people above 25, we got no more than 1 person for each age, so to avoid scrolling, the ages are: 27, 28, 29, 31, 34, 36, 42, 44, 45, 56, 58, 64.

Additionally, with relatives and so on that posters mentioned factored in, we also have 7, 16, 24, 52, 53, and a couple of other people in their 50s added to the stats.

Interestingly wide range. Although the highest concentration of fans are obviously in the 17-20 range, with a fair number in their 20s and early teens, there's also a surprising number of fans in their 40s and 50s. Other than the high proportion of older fans (my own parents are quasi-fans of Regina; my mother loves Samson and Daniel Cowman, and my father is a big fan of On the Radio), probably the most surprising results of the stats so far are how many very young (10-14) fans there are, and how relatively few fans in their 30s and late 20s. Apparently Regina has a strong influence on the very old and very young! :o Spoooky.

Ah, and I'm 19. I'll be 20 at the stroke of midnight on 2007, mainly to keep things simple.