Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

quote:
Originally posted by MusicLover_2007:

quote:
Originally posted by summer in the city:

regina is a goddess, so far above the rest of the so called artist in music today. It sickens me to see someone like a brittny spears getting any attention when Regina has 100 times the talent in her baby toe.I have a friend who actually loves regina so much that she doesnt want her to become popular??? The idea of keeping regina to herself. I explained to her that she better just get use to the idea of Regina exploding because I think this new cd will be the one that really Pushes regina to the top of the musical mountain. I really hope she gets the attention she deserves.

Well I wouldn't consider Reg as better then Tori Amos.

did you not say yourself that some of tori's work hasn't been up to your expectations while regina is always amazingly consistent in her work?

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

wooooaah..... racist much? narrow-minded, fine. you're just missing out on great music, but there's a line!!! Mad

I don't want to justify my mom's opinions (that's the last thing on my mind) but it's not so much a matter of racism as it is a matter of her generation. There is/was a lot of hatred and bitterness concerning former USSR & 1968 which was fueled with the recent US radar thingy. People of her generation don't distinguish between people that are responsible and those who are not, for them it is the whole nation to be blamed (that's why having a "russian face" is bad). My mom's just doesn't want to get over the past I guess she likes having an "enemy"...Yeah, so basically now you know what kind of person I have to live/deal with.

yea, that sucks that your mom's stuck in that mindset while you're stuck on Reg Wink. of course she doesn't have an excuse to say that stuff out loud.

"My mom's just doesn't want to get over the past I guess she likes having an "enemy"..."

lol i just pictured "supermom" wearing a cape and all that haha

well anyways, thanks for clearin that up, and good luck with sourpuss! (that was mean. sorry.)

quote:
Originally posted by destination unknown:

My mom says she sounds like a japanease fish underwater and that it sounds like funeral music. I SO do not agree in the least. Plus my boyfriend HATES her with a passion. I should just dump him for saying that, haha.

See, that's just plain racist. xD

Besides, fish? Really? Hahaha. I <3 your mom. Even if she is a winsy bit racist when it comes to Regina.

It doesn't surprise me when people say her music sucks or they talk crap about her voice. But saying that she's ugly. I had no idea that's possible. I thought almost anyone would consider her pretty, or if not pretty then "nor pretty nor ugly" category. And now to see a lot of posts that some people are actually calling her ugly. The world's gone mad. She has perfect mouth/lips and her eyes are spectacular, I don't get it. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Rinoa:

She has perfect mouth/lips and her eyes are spectacular, I don't get it. Smiler

Agreed! And personally, I like her nose...I'm not even joking. Cool

My little brothers friend just called her ugly, I gave him a long speech (preach?) about how he was wrong and not entitled to a false opinion.

People's perception of beauty is so distorted nowadays!!!

Mom: "Who's that girl you're obsessed with?"

Me (Alicia): "Regina Spektor Mom, you knew that already. You know she changed my life? This woman really changed my life"

Mom: "No she didn't, Jesus changed your life"

aaaahahahahahaHAHAHA