Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

Last Night. Dinner table.

Dad- "Guess who came on the radio?"

Me- "OMG! Really, awesome, what song?"

Dad- "How would I know? I turned the bloody thing off."

Me- "Anyway, good to think that some people enjoy her music."

Dad- "Ugh. I can't stand Regina Spektor."

Me- "Your loss."

Dad- "Anyway, it was on Sunshine FM"

Btw, Sunshine FM is a local station which plays stuff from the 50s... you often hear Frank Sinatra, Richard Cliff and all of those soprano females... I have no idea why Regina would be on there!

Okay, try this one:

Me: regina's new album came out last week

Daughter: yeah so

Me: it debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200

Me: well that was her highest debuting album ever

Daughter: yeah so. you're such a stalker...

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Okay, try this one:

Me: regina's new album came out last week

Me: it debuted at #3 on the Billboard 200

Me: well that was her highest debuting album ever

Daughter: yeah so. you're such a stalker...

Haha! I tried that one out on my father the other day too Smiler

You're such a stalker, George!

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

Just read this on the guitarist of Fall Out Boys twitter..

"Nothing like a gross Regina Spektor song playing over the plane speakers to make you want to shove freshly sharpened pencils into your ears."

ouch.. he can't even have a little respect for a fellow musician? You really have to consider the source I guess. Just one extra reason for me not to listen to Fall Out Boy ever..

Emo crap like FOB makes ME want to shove pencils

in my ears. Seriously, Regina has a thousand times more talent than the member of every stupid emo band combined.

^^ at least Panic at the Disco likes regina. Smiler

I remember they had "Us" on their celebrity myspace playlist thingy

I used to be obsessed with P!ATD. I still enjoy em

My mom was bitching at me so I turned up Regina OMTWF. I barely hear her mumble something with reginas name in it so I muted it and went to her room and asked what she said about regina... she said

Mom: "I bet Regina Spektor isn't married is she?"

Me: "Well no, shes not. Why in the world would you say that, I didn't even really think you knew who it was singing"

Mom: "Well I just figured people would get annoyed with her"

Me: *I go on defending her with stats on how popular she is and how many ppl enjoy her and how shes beautiful and the sweetest, cutest person ever... continued...continued*

Mom: Oh well how old is she? why isnt she married (in that evil voice my mother can use sometimes)

Me: She's 29

Mom: (sarcasm nasty laugh and a discusted haha)

Me: "WELL shes had a boyfriend for a few years!" and I get pissed and leave and turn regina up louder while my mom imitates reginas voice

^^I though women were no longer judged solely through their "ability" to find husbands. I guess I was wrong. Having a MAN is our greatest achievement... Mad

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

^^I though women were no longer judged solely through their "ability" to find husbands. I guess I was wrong. Having a MAN is our greatest achievement... Mad

That makes me totally mad, too!

This is more like a story:

I was just talking over MSN, when a friend (yes, the one who started the Regina the uber sl*t thread).

She told me to look up Tyson Ritter (All American Rejects), whom she thought was epically attractive. I told her "His cheeks are way too prominent... and his brow line is really sticky-outty... like a monkey.

Did I mention he looks like he's on crack?"

To which she replied:

"Regina spektor has a really big mouth. shes kinda funny looking thats just the basic all round look she seems to have. her eyes are all weird, like squinty. she looks like a man in drag! her cheeks are wayyyy too big, haha make her look like a hamster and her hair looks like its exploding from her head and shes got kinda a lumpy belly and have you noticed when she turns side on her nose looks weird?"

To which I replied:

"REGINA SPEKTOR IS BETTER LOOKING THAN YOU. HER EYES ARE AMAZING. HER CHEEKS ARE SEXY. HER HAIR IS THE BEST. And she has no lumpy belly! HAVE YOU NOTICED HOW MUCH SHE RESEMBLES PERFECTION?"

But when I said that the guy from All American Rejects was obviously very unnatractive, my friend cursed a little about Regina, and told me to go and do unpleasant things to myself.