Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

My friends are really narrow-minded some of the time. I have a friend and all she listens to is rock music. All the time. Nothing else. She says that Regina Spektor 'can't sing at all'. She has a much better voice than Axl Rose and most other rock singers! My other friends only like Fidelity and the Call, which are probably her more mainstream-friendly songs. My brother said that she was the worst singer ever, but then I caught him listening to Laughing With on my iPod. Ha! Even if you hate her, you can't keep away from her. I still can't see how anyone could hate her though.

^ Welcome to the stix!

About eight seconds ago, I just changed my facebook status to, "Mikaela is happy after a good barn day, and extremely excited for the show this weekend." My friend about four seconds later commented, "what show? regina spektor? are you like staking her or something?"

I was talking about a horse show.

People don't understand. Dramatic sigh.

It is so frustrating when you love a singer and their latest album to bits and no-one in your immediate circle shares your enjoyment. Frowner

I drove into Eastbourne the other day and met up with my ex-wife who repeated candidly that she hates the way Regina sings songs with loads of confusing lyrics and that's why she gave me Regina's album "FAR" back to me! Eeker

Still, I am finding closed minds on this website too, as no-one has even bothered to reply to my thread on here about the wonderful "Corinne West" and her to me, fantastic album "The Promise"! Red Face

Each to his own and last night I came down to earth with a bump, as I fell into a ditch in the darkness on my way home from an "Open Mike Night at The Pig & Butcher" in our local village of "Five Ash Down"! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

Still, I am finding closed minds on this website too, as no-one has even bothered to reply to my thread on here about the wonderful "Corinne West" and her to me, fantastic album "The Promise"! Red Face

Check the title of this thread. At least no one's saying bad stuff! Wink

hmm.. i wouldn't say that's the result of closedd minds. i mean, school's in session, first of all, so i'm sure any sttudents just haven't gotten around to checking it out (that's my story)

and then there's the possibility that people have read your post, are currently listening, and have yet to form an opinion of the music, and therefore have nothing to post.

it's also possible that people aren't in the mood to check out some new music yet, you know?

Or maybe everyone else here really is that closed-minded. Razzer