Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

Anytime I hear someone diss Regina, I almost get personally offended. Like, "Regina Spektor can't even sing, she just brays like a donkey and calls it singing" or "She's so weird. Does she do drugs?" (and yeah, those are actual quotes from people i know...good thing is i never actually liked them anyway. haha) Two of my very close friends love Regina, so i take solace in them, but mostly, like alot of you guys said on here, people just don't get it!

quote:
Originally posted by Butterfly Peddler:

Anytime I hear someone diss Regina, I almost get personally offended. Like, "Regina Spektor can't even sing, she just brays like a donkey and calls it singing" or "She's so weird. Does she do drugs?" (and yeah, those are actual quotes from people i know...good thing is i never actually liked them anyway. haha) Two of my very close friends love Regina, so i take solace in them, but mostly, like alot of you guys said on here, people just don't get it!

That is horrible..... I know some people who say/have said she sucks. It dosent offend me......I feel sorrry for them, for they have not and probably won't ever experience the love that is Regina and her music.

I just love folk who dedicate their life to MUSIC whatever the genre. Smiler

Singer/songwriters like Regina fascinate me with their talent first for playing their chosen instruments but then creating songs that affect other people. Roll Eyes

I have been accused many, many times of getting too enthusiastic about certain singers, such as Regina, Katie Melua, Alison Krauss, Kate Bush, Cara Dillon and when I am wrapped up in their worlds, I want to share my enthusiasm with others who maybe just watch TV or listen to Radio. Wink

I went to a quite beautiful gig at a local Festival in Chiddingly and was so impressed I uploaded ELEVEN videos to YouTube! Eeker

I agree with a friend of mine in New York who has a Family Motto;

If a thing is well worth doing,

It is well worth OVERDOING! Big Grin

Just let me share the beauty of this Irish lady on Celtic Harp and an English guy, who is a master of acoustic guitar, as they have played together for ~ 20 years! Cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...feature=channel_page

There are another ten more of my videos on YouTube from them, that demonstrate superb control of their chosen musical instruments. Roll Eyes

It could be just because I'm biased, but I have the feeling that regina is going to be one of those artists that people don't acknowlege as a great until much later. Give it some time and people will look back and remember how new, how original, how beautiful, and how poignant in her time her music was.

^^ I think that too. I agree with you 100%

You know guys, quite a bit of people now know who Regina is because of me. Smiler

Certainly when I attempt to introduce our Regina to folk in my own age bracket,(ancient), I get lots of weird looks, then "nods & winks" to their friends, so often I seem to be ploughing a lone furrow in East Sussex! Red Face

When Vera Lynn tops the Album Charts in the UK, you know that we are a weird bunch and the only folk actually buying CDs are old 'uns, the younger "trendy" folk seem to be downloading from i-Tunes, whatever that is! Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by LittleVoice:

Certainly when I attempt to introduce our Regina to folk in my own age bracket,(ancient), I get lots of weird looks, then "nods & winks" to their friends, so often I seem to be ploughing a lone furrow in East Sussex! Red Face

When Vera Lynn tops the Album Charts in the UK, you know that we are a weird bunch and the only folk actually buying CDs are old 'uns, the younger "trendy" folk seem to be downloading from i-Tunes, whatever that is! Big Grin

Lol! Whatever that is, thats funny. The UK seems like a cool place to go to.

I just don't like the way my mom says her name. it's like " Regina Spektor " ... can't explain it with text, but I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about. It's like reg has done something to my mom or whatever... Frowner

edit: I felt horrible striking through reg's name. Had to change it.