Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

quote:
Originally posted by Shawn:

People tend to not even listen to lyrics anymore. They listen for a moment and categorize it.

I was in some store yesterday helping my friend pick out some shoes and Fidelity came on. I was of course a little too excited. But then I heard these to 40-something y/o ladies walking by and one of them said "what the heck kind of music is this??? ha-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah ahh ugh geez." I wanted to chase them down an be like that is REGINA SPEKTOR, but I managed to refrain.

Hahaha I'm proud to say I laughed out loud. Today I was listening to BTH, and I was like "wow, I completely forgot how AWESOME a song Fidelity is!" Then I flogged myself for forgetting it Wink

I actually did write down on my biology notes "NEVER forget how great a song Fidelity is"

kailee,

I know how you feel. My bro is a tard too (no offense to your brother...really - I'm just trying to relate here).

A few weeks ago he told me "Regina sounds like everybody else...she isn't different than the other mainstream musicians..."

then goes on to say that Amy Lee from Evenescence is different!

hahahah - I was so flabberghasted, but I retorted, hard and said flat out...she sucks and has NOTHING on Regina. He wouldn't know good music if it bit him on the arse!

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

kailee,

A few weeks ago he told me "Regina sounds like everybody else...she isn't different than the other mainstream musicians..."

then goes on to say that Amy Lee from Evenescence is different!

XD LOLLERSKATES XD

quote:
Originally posted by VeggiGal:

my parents both like her.... my mom's only problem is that she thinks "she's such a pretty girl why does she have to have a beer bottle shoved in her mouth. i'm sure thst doesn't make her mother happy".

VeggiGal,

That's great that you and your parents like her. I am a parent and love the fact that my kids are huge regina fans just like me.

By the way, last time I saw Regina (in NYC), I watched her parents during the show and spoke to them afterwards. Tell your mom that they are clearly VERY proud of her. Rightly so, since, besides being a great musician and songwriter, she seems to be a very nice human being. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:
Originally posted by VeggiGal:

my parents both like her.... my mom's only problem is that she thinks "she's such a pretty girl why does she have to have a beer bottle shoved in her mouth. i'm sure thst doesn't make her mother happy".

By the way, last time I saw Regina (in NYC), I watched her parents during the show and spoke to them afterwards. Tell your mom that they are clearly VERY proud of her. Rightly so, since, besides being a great musician and songwriter, she seems to be a very nice human being. Smiler

Moreover, they're from eastern Europe which doesn't have the ridiculous hangup with alcohol that dominates middle America. Although even in America I would be surprised if most people gave that album cover a second thought... "OH NO A person doing something legal!"

It never occurred to me that somewhat might disapprove until I saw your post.

OMG! That happens to me all the time! 1. Everyone around me says she's ugly Eeker(apparently, if you don't have a big ass and small teeth, you aren't a good musician).

2. My mom thinks the reason she repeats things and stuff like that (her main example is "walk-a-walk-a-walk") is because she can't think of anything to write. Whatever. My mom listens to crappy generic pop music - like Colbie Calliat - blech! Smiler

Haha I just noticed that the other day when reading all her lyrics that quite a few of her songs are mostly her repeating herself. It's awesome

I recently introduced Reginas music to a friend. A blunt friend. Quote, "imo she hasn't got a good voice..."

*_*

I think he was high. But he likes a few of her songs and is liking her a lil more. So im glad at that

quote:
Originally posted by respekt fan (obviously):

My mom thinks the reason she repeats things and stuff like that (her main example is "walk-a-walk-a-walk") is because she can't think of anything to write. Whatever. My mom listens to crappy generic pop music - like Colbie Calliat - blech! Smiler

My sister thinks that too!!! And she also listens to Colbie Caillat!!! Eeker