Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

I had a friend who said some really bad stuff about regina yesterday. It really made mad; we almost got into a serious fight over it. (a fight with words, I would never throw punches unless absolutely nesecsary Wink)

Anyway, I was kinda blind sided by her comments because I asked if she wanted to go with me and my other friend (who likes regina, less then me but that's o.k.) to D.C. to she regina perform at Israel@60. (She's always wanting to take a road trip anyway.) Then the "obscenities" start; I'm like, "where is this coming from?". I have never said anything like what she said about the kind of music she listens to even though I don't like it.

Actually, I think after coming to the stix I have become more tolerent of other music genres (not nesescarily liking them but respecting the fact others do). But her comments where completely insulting and intentionally hurtful. I feel I might find it difficult to remain friends with her if she's going to cut down something that I enjoy and love.

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

kailee,

I know how you feel. My bro is a tard too (no offense to your brother...really - I'm just trying to relate here).

A few weeks ago he told me "Regina sounds like everybody else...she isn't different than the other mainstream musicians..."

then goes on to say that Amy Lee from Evenescence is different!

hahahah - I was so flabberghasted, but I retorted, hard and said flat out...she sucks and has NOTHING on Regina. He wouldn't know good music if it bit him on the arse!

Wow, I'd be Flabberghasted too. It's like saying Jimi Hendrix is a terrible Guitarist followed by "tha dude frum Simple Plan is way bettah"...

One that got me a few years back, a friend who insisted that Madonna was a better singer and songwriter than Chrissie Hynde. I flipped. Not only is Chrissie exceedingly better at both, she can play guitar too. A Fender Telecaster that Madonna wouldn't even know how to pick up!

Why else would Phoebe Buffay pick Chrissie to duet with on Smelly Cat @ 6:53 on

?

My father says he finds her voice irritating. I was like "...*deathglare*" when he said that. I still haven't forgiven him. But I just ignore it and whenever I see him I bring my Regina Spektor CDs. *evil*

quote:
Originally posted by Beechcraft Bonanza:

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

kailee,

I know how you feel. My bro is a tard too (no offense to your brother...really - I'm just trying to relate here).

A few weeks ago he told me "Regina sounds like everybody else...she isn't different than the other mainstream musicians..."

then goes on to say that Amy Lee from Evenescence is different!

hahahah - I was so flabberghasted, but I retorted, hard and said flat out...she sucks and has NOTHING on Regina. He wouldn't know good music if it bit him on the arse!

Wow, I'd be Flabberghasted too. It's like saying Jimi Hendrix is a terrible Guitarist followed by "tha dude frum Simple Plan is way bettah"...

Exactly! I'd have to say that my bro has a bad case of EARWAX BUILD-UP!

LOL!

Once at school, someone was playing Fidelity on a laptop, so everyone started talking about it, some of the comments were positive, but some people commented stuff like "she's fat" and "Idon't get why someone so ugly can get signed" not commenting on the music at all.

Those people are fans of Britney Spears and Paris Hilton, so it really didn't surprise me.