Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray! hip hip hooray!

uggh my x-girlfriend always talked sh*t about her-i was learning ghost of coroporate future-and she (the x) was like 'this is soooo boring' and once i put her cd live at bull moose on in the car-and the x was like 'what is this crap' i was like 'sorry you never need to listen to her again' which was true, we broke up a few days later...for a bunch of reasons but that was definitely one. i mean if you talk sh*t about my favorite artist then you definitely don't respekt me...

on another note-i am actually surprised when people DO like her-i think you have to be someone special to understand her! and it's a special event when someone really discovers her! either you don't care about her or you love love love her! not much in between!

she is very attractive in this picture and kind of "come hither", if you know what i mean Wink

I only have two friends that can stand when I go off on regina rants. I can't talk to my boyfriend about her, because he really isn't into music like hers. He's more of a classic rock, new age metal junkie. I WISH he liked her more than anything. One day i got him to listen to Love Profusion and he wasn't completely turned off, so it's a good start. I just don't want him trying to make me listen to Metallica 24/7, so we're going to take this slow...

squeaky, I kinda get you there.

I have told my boyfriend that I'm crazy about Regina but I'm a bit reluctant to let him hear her music just yet, although he wants to.

In fact I'm pretty much that way with everyone when it comes to Regina's music... I don't want to turn into a pushy bitch, and start yelling at someone because they can't see her genius, so I don't share her. lol

Aw, a thread I started got resurrected! What a nice surprise. It was funny to read the intro post that said my age as 24 (I'm 27 now, wow!!). Hee.

Things have changed a bit since then, obviously, with Begin to Hope being so popular. Now my struggle is more like people judging her based on Fidelity. I'm like, no, you must listen to Soviet Kitsch, or better yet, let me make you a mix cd!

I just moved to Chicago and I hopehopehope I get to see Regina play here on her next tour....

quote:
Now you'll have to put up with that wild man Django at shows!

I only do what is necessary, haha. No, I’m usually in trance mode during the actual concert so I can’t join in on the notorious mosh pits at her concerts Wink. After the show by the tour bus is usually where the crazy stories ensue, but it's the good kind of crazy.

quote:
I just moved to Chicago and I hopehopehope I get to see Regina play here on her next tour....

Welcome to Chicago kailee! I assume you’ve visited quite a bit before moving here so you probably already have a good idea of how it is. I just moved here about 3 or 4 years ago myself, though I lived here for short periods when I was younger.

You’ll be sure to know anytime Regina is in Chicago. Also, as a side note, Devotchka is playing downtown tomorrow night, only $20 (plus ticketmaster’s suspicious added fees)/ticket. It’s a bit late notice, but if you are open you should definitely go, they are very good live.

my best friend has some troubles with regina. (she DOES like her, but i have to babysit her about it, basically) because:

1) the first time i showed her a picture of regina, she goes "OH MY GOD SHE'S UGLY!" i smacked her. ha.

2) i have to literally spoon feed her the songs (okay, well not LITERALLY literally, i guess) she'd already known the songs version of samson when i first discovered regina. i played fidelity for her because i'd seen it on :sigh: mtv hits. she said she liked it. and from there, i introduced her to on the radio, us, etc. the first time i played chemo limo for her she was like "UGH KANDICE THIS SONG IS STUPID." and ended up liking it... although she doesn't like folding chair, which baffles me to no extent... that song is amazing.

3) she continues to doubt the regina. i played somedays for her and she asked me if reg was a lesbian. i did the :headpalm: thing.

i don't let anyone listen to my headphones with me while i'm listening to regina though, so i don't really have much room for negative comments other than that.

Thanks for the welcome, Django! Actually, I've visited Chicago only once, and that was 5 years ago! An old friend of mine moved here then (from CA, where I'm from), and so I visited her. I'm living with the same friend now, and just getting used to the completely drastic change of scenery as well as the drastic change of not having a car.

Too bad I didn't see your post in time, because I didn't know about the Devotchka show. I was, however, working, so I wouldn't be able to go anyway. Curse this new service-industry job that I have...it will really limit my evenings! Of course, if Regina comes to Chicago, I will request the day off OR quit, whatever it takes. ;-)

Oh and Kandi, I would say that your friend doesn't get Regina, so you should just stop trying to make her like Regina and stop worrying about it. Best friends don't have to share all interests, right?