Sign in to follow this  
kailee

ever hear people say bad stuff about regina?

quote:
Originally posted by stwongbad85:

ive found that most people that listen to radio head, bjork, and are also into experimental folk stuff like joanno newsome, devendra, Antony & J's....and those crowds trypically always like Regina when i introduce them to her..........but most people that listen to mainstream rock/pop typically just think she is weird and dosent like it when she makes "funny/strange noises" ....i understand why...i then proceed to tell them that they probabably really dont want me to put on my Cocorosie CDl.........but yeah it is really frusterating when people dismiss her music immediatley when they hear her do lip trails, or the vocal drum machine beats.........but hey.........its there loss

yep yep i listen t all of those artists i totally agree

Yeah, I normally defend rock genre but considering today's state of rock scene and people listening to it I have to agree. They are kinda narrow-minded. Like my mom. She doesn't like regina - finds her music boring and says she has typical russian face (which is, acccording to her, the highest insolence).

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

and says she has typical russian face (which is, acccording to her, the highest insolence).

That pisses me off to no end...

quote:
Originally posted by ali:

If your friend likes Mandy Moore's music then you might be fighting a lost battle, hahaha. >.<

mandy moore's last 2 albums are really good now that the stuff is written by her. my favorite song by her is Gardenia.. if you like regina you might like it, it's similar in a way.

quote:
Originally posted by Appt:

Yeah, I normally defend rock genre but considering today's state of rock scene and people listening to it I have to agree. They are kinda narrow-minded. Like my mom. She doesn't like regina - finds her music boring and says she has typical russian face (which is, acccording to her, the highest insolence).

wooooaah..... racist much? narrow-minded, fine. you're just missing out on great music, but there's a line!!! Mad

quote:
Originally posted by Be like the water, people.:

wooooaah..... racist much? narrow-minded, fine. you're just missing out on great music, but there's a line!!! Mad

I don't want to justify my mom's opinions (that's the last thing on my mind) but it's not so much a matter of racism as it is a matter of her generation. There is/was a lot of hatred and bitterness concerning former USSR & 1968 which was fueled with the recent US radar thingy. People of her generation don't distinguish between people that are responsible and those who are not, for them it is the whole nation to be blamed (that's why having a "russian face" is bad). My mom's just doesn't want to get over the past I guess she likes having an "enemy"...Yeah, so basically now you know what kind of person I have to live/deal with.

my just dad finds the smallest thing about my music to make fun of and its not too hard to do that with regina. ive told all my friends about her and about my infatuation with her...still waiting for feedback but whatever they say i will just love her more and more Cool

regina is a goddess, so far above the rest of the so called artist in music today. It sickens me to see someone like a brittny spears getting any attention when Regina has 100 times the talent in her baby toe.I have a friend who actually loves regina so much that she doesnt want her to become popular??? The idea of keeping regina to herself. I explained to her that she better just get use to the idea of Regina exploding because I think this new cd will be the one that really Pushes regina to the top of the musical mountain. I really hope she gets the attention she deserves.

quote:
Originally posted by summer in the city:

regina is a goddess, so far above the rest of the so called artist in music today. It sickens me to see someone like a brittny spears getting any attention when Regina has 100 times the talent in her baby toe.I have a friend who actually loves regina so much that she doesnt want her to become popular??? The idea of keeping regina to herself. I explained to her that she better just get use to the idea of Regina exploding because I think this new cd will be the one that really Pushes regina to the top of the musical mountain. I really hope she gets the attention she deserves.

couldn't have put it better myself.

i don't have a problem (intellectually) with Reg gettin' big. She deserves it (duh!)

just the problems i have (in the heart) with it are

1. eeeeveryone will know her. like, know her. i just feel like even when she's huge (i really think this'll be the big one) people will totally be passing the wrong type of judgement on her personally, let alone the uniquness of her music (see: the "Ever heard people say bad stuff about Regina?" thread) Smiler

and

2. i /cannot/ stand knockoffs. Are you kidding me right now? uggh. can't you guys see it now? disclaimer: of course i'm happy to see Reg getting more fans. She's said herself that she wants to reach as many people as possible. So it's great. but the revival of certain non-trademark trademarks (like the gutteral stop, i believe it's called?)... come on. we'll be seeing plenty. and that really gets on my nerves (trying to get famous without creativity, and, what's more, copying someone who /has/ it..)

ok. enough rant. My dad's home and we're gonna watch tv while i nag him about hoe close i am to getting the album *squeeee!*

bye, now!

quote:
Originally posted by summer in the city:

Well I wouldn't consider Reg as better then Tori Amos.